Graduated Transfer QB Thread

Figured I'd start this. And I don't know if the staff is looking for one or not. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Patrick Towles - Kentucky - http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/11/29/patrick-towles-transfer-uk/76530814/

Will Gardner - Louisville - http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/12/01/will-gardner-transferring-louisville-football/76638120/

Gardner seems to be worth a look. Started 7 games in 2014 before blowing his ACL (58% comp 12 td 3 int). Didn't play at all this year. Petrino runs a pro style offense (I think).

Towles seems like an interception machine, and not sure we need another one of those.

Where is Greg Paulus when you need him?!

I kid!

Doesn't hurt to have extra guys, but do we even know what we have with Bush and Darlington? I haven't paid much attention to them. Plus we have POB coming in and a maybe a JUCO guy (right?)

• Fire 1

Where is Greg Paulus when you need him?!

I kid!

Doesn't hurt to have extra guys, but do we even know what we have with Bush and Darlington? I haven't paid much attention to them. Plus we have POB coming in and a maybe a JUCO guy (right?)

Well, WE don't know. But it's apparent that the coaches do based on the fact that neither played a snap this year.

What are the odds that either of them would have interest?

If we don't get another scholarship QB recruit a transfer would be great. Especially an upperclass transfer who won't be around as long, but provides immediate experience to the competition, sort of like a JUCO recruit.

I'd love to see them keep going after the QB position. We have a walk-on transfer already, an incoming freshman. A one-year deal like this would be great. Shake it up and see where the chips fall. Gardner is definitely of interest.

Why does play calling always have to be based on the QB around here. I thought offenses used 11 players. If you have a decent running back / decent line / play makers at the receiving spots - you think it might be a good idea to get your QB to learn to find them......

So you're saying it should be based on how well the quarterback has learned to do that?

• Fire 1

My thinking on Gardner. We have quite a few 2016 schollys but will be lacking 2017 schollys. Why not bring in Gardner with the thought if he wins the job great. If he loses the job put him on medical hardship saying the knee isn't fully recovering and use his football scholly to back count a 2017 early enrollee.

I would def take a long look at Gardner. We need someone to get our WRs the ball - too many weapons to not use.

Here are a few others that will be Seniors next year at smaller programs (not sure if they would graduate this season or even be interested - just for thought).

• Cooper Rush: Central Michigan - 67% 25 TD, 10 INT
  • Nick Mullens: Southern Miss - 447 yards, 2 TD 0 INT against Nebraska when we played earlier this year
  • Zach Terrell: Western Michigan - 67% 27 TD 8 INT

JUCO

• Riley Ferguson: Coffeyville CC (KS) - Originally committed to Tennessee. Also had offers from Bama, Michigan, Clemson, LSU out of high school
  • Fire 1

I am not a huge fan of the grad transfer move especially when you have a guy who has a ton of experience.

I get Tommy took a step back near the end of the season, but I still think he has to be our starter.

Instead of forcing Tommy to be a Pro-style QB, maybe Danny needs to change his playcalling a bit to take advantage of Tommy's skills.

No offense ... but I don't see that happening. Even with the obvious skill set of TA and even with obvious running conditions ... this staff is gonna throw 60% of the time come hell or high water. WE MUST PASS TO SET UP THE RUN. This is the mantra I feel has been shoved down my throat. To complain is to miss the bigger picture. Facepalm.