Tommy Armstrong's Instagram

Dansker

Well, I waited all year. This thread and MANY have gone way off track. Even as I post I can't believe there are 2 pages of Tommy Armstrong's Instagram of "us against the world". and the insane responses from the few. Let's review, those who think Tommy played the games for Bo, ie: Us against the fans, or those who think you all are idiots. Just stop. Social media has driven the syci of our young for the past few years and will only get worse. Oh and Husker67, change your avatar....Beck, really?!

Well, I waited all year. This thread and MANY have gone way off track. Even as I post I can't believe there are 2 pages of Tommy Armstrong's Instagram of "us against the world". and the insane responses from the few. Let's review, those who think Tommy played the games for Bo, ie: Us against the fans, or those who think you all are idiots. Just stop. Social media has driven the syci of our young for the past few years and will only get worse. Oh and Husker67, change your avatar....Beck, really?!

If there's a point to this post, I sure can't find it.

Could you collect your thoughts and try this again?

If there's a point to this post, I sure can't find it.

Could you collect your thoughts and try this again?

upon reflection and a sober morning...you are correct

If he considers the fans against him that would be incorrect. The most critical fans hope for every player and the team to have success. I wouldn't call that being against them or a player even if they want them benched for another player.

IDK, you have alleged Nebraska fans on this board repeatedly calling him "stupid" and "a r****d" among other things. I can see how these guys might just feel that way.

I also think it's ironic that Armstrong lost 5 games in his freshman and sophomore year when he had coaches who coached to his strengths and didn't make him "do too much". Then when a new coach comes in and tries to make Armstrong do what he doesn't excel in, Armstrong loses 6 games as a starter.

Forgive me, I just want to vomit at the reminder of this coaching staff doing exactly the opposite of what they told the media/fans prior to this season. Didn't MR state that he was going to move to a spread offense over at OSU before taking over at Nebraska? Here, we have a team who was more comfortable with spread formations/up-tempo, recruited for it and we force feed them the WCO and sling the football around in crappy weather 45+ times. That's not putting your players in the best position to win. Our OC plays not to lose. Makes me sick hearing him say he was "spooked" by calling run plays but then goes and asks Tommy to play like Tom Brady or one of the Manning brothers.

Yeah, he lied, ERRRRRRR.............

.....is well versed in "coach speak."

If he considers the fans against him that would be incorrect. The most critical fans hope for every player and the team to have success. I wouldn't call that being against them or a player even if they want them benched for another player. Hopefully he is just referring to other teams.

Good to hear that he is motivated to improve but talk is cheap. Hopefully he puts in the effort during the off season to make it happen.

I don't really agree with the bolded. I think there are some who would love to be proved right and would had to eat their words if certain guys had success. And based on the number of people clamoring for a kid who's not even on campus, I don't even think that there are people right now who want TA to be scucessful.

There's a big difference between not expecting TA to succeed given past evidence and not wanting him to succeed. It's pretty obvious at this point that we don't have a QB on the roster currently who can come in and run the offense better than TA, so obviously if he doesn't succeed, the team doesn't succeed. The reason why so many people are excited for Patrick O'Brien to be here is because at the very least, he should be able to provide actual competition for TA and possibly make him better, and there's a very real possibility that he could come in and play very early in the season, if not immediately.

I'll come out and say that I'm in the camp that doesn't expect him to be better next year than he has been. I was hoping that I was seeing genuine improvement early in the season, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would be absolutely thrilled to be wrong about my expectations, but frankly, I have good reason to not have high expectations.

If he considers the fans against him that would be incorrect. The most critical fans hope for every player and the team to have success. I wouldn't call that being against them or a player even if they want them benched for another player.

IDK, you have alleged Nebraska fans on this board repeatedly calling him "stupid" and "a r****d" among other things. I can see how these guys might just feel that way.

The Internet is just the worst place in the world. This has nothing to do with Tommy Armstrong or Nebraska football and everything to do with angry little people venting under anonymous cover anywhere they can find a Comments section.

The Internet is just the worst place in the world. This has nothing to do with Tommy Armstrong or Nebraska football and everything to do with angry little people venting under anonymous cover anywhere they can find a Comments section.

My comment was more about posts made on message boards. I'm not a twitter (tweeter?) person but I assume that it is possible on these various social media sites to create fake personas. Players shouldn't assume they are communicating with a real Husker fan. I listened to Frazier's podcast yesterday and he wasn't critical about Tommy's play. He made the point that even as a former QB he doesn't know how the play is designed or the reads he's asked to make. He understands the difficulties of playing the position and making split second decisions which few fans do. Posters should keep these things in mind before venting about a specific QB play. I see no reason for players to read message boards. If they have time for that then they are not properly focused.

Changed the avatar just for you, scarletNcream. Is this one better?

• Fire 1

Changed the avatar just for you, scarletNcream. Is this one better?

Cool. At least it's the current regime......

Are the stories of T A being difficult to coach, ignored his coaches and has a tendency to improvise just rumor?

I do not think his throwing off his back foot, or throwing into triple coverage or not seeing the open receiver but always going for the home run are 100% coaching problems

He has poor fundamentals, telegraphs most of his passes, struggles to count down his receivers, fails to have a good feel for location of DBs and makes way too many poor decisions