DT Amir Watts [Pittsburgh Commit]

Mavric

Lots of posters including myself have expressed our dislike for Hank Hughes. Why is Riley holding onto this dead weight?

While I agree, his on field results are probably why. But one could argue that was due to 2 NFL DT's.

Yeah I'm not buying that.

I'm not buying it either. We need our coaches to excel both on the field and in the recruiting arena. He has not done a darn thing on the recruiting front.

To me, if you can't recruit you aren't worthy of a spot on the coaching staff. Given all the geographical factors working against us, you need to have excellent recruiters. Hughes is not one of them. And if you aren't, then get rid of your special teams coach and get someone who can recruit their ass off as a Co-DL coach.

• Fire 2

Have we heard anything positive from the players about HH? I mean if you cant recruit that just tells me he cant relate to kids. Thats going to carry over to coaching. The top 3 returning d tackles said peace out. Really only 1 d line recruit and hes an in state kid. Anybody with the size and two functioning legs should be able to challenge for playing time but theres no interest. Im no columbo but seems like there might be a problem.

Have we heard anything positive from the players about HH? I mean if you cant recruit that just tells me he cant relate to kids. Thats going to carry over to coaching. The top 3 returning d tackles said peace out. Really only 1 d line recruit and hes an in state kid. Anybody with the size and two functioning legs should be able to challenge for playing time but theres no interest. Im no columbo but seems like there might be a problem.

It seemed like an odd hire...of course lots of HughesUppers told us how he had all these boss run defenses at Uconn...The problem was, getting a DL coach like Ed O was just not going to happen, a guy like that had no interest in NU

It seemed like an odd hire...of course lots of HughesUppers told us how he had all these boss run defenses at Uconn...The problem was, getting a DL coach like Ed O was just not going to happen, a guy like that had no interest in NU

I see what you did there.

But Ed Os dog Cheery would have the same number of recruits at this point. There had to be something available that could recruit a little.