GT: Nebraska at Creighton - 7PM CT - CBS Sports Network

EG42u7n.pngbGLomi7.pngSbIU0Eg.png
December 9, 2015
7pm CT - CBS Sports Network
CenturyLink Center - Omaha, NE

Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-3 (Last: 73-63 W vs Abilene Christian)
vs
Creighton Bluejays 5-3 (Last: 68-65 L vs Loyola Chicago)

Head Coaches
Nebraska Tim Miles (336-272, 53-52 at Nebraska)
Creighton Greg McDermott (404-255, 126-60 at Creighton)

Injury Report
Nebraska
No injuries to report

Creighton
F - Cole Huff - Shoulder - Doubtful

Scouting Creighton

Creighton is 5-3 on the season and looks to snap a two-game losing streak. The Bluejays, who are averaging 85.2 points per game, won five of their first six games with only a setback to then-nationally ranked Indiana before suffering back-to-back losses to Arizona State (79-77) and at Loyola (68-65) last week. The Bluejays have retooled their lineup after a 14-19 campaign in 2014-15. Transfer Cole Huff leads a balanced CU attack at 12.4 points per game while another transfer, Maurice Watson Jr., averages 11.9 points and 6.0 assists per per game. The Bluejays’ top five scorers all average double figures, while Geoffrey Groselle averages 11.0 points and a team-high 8.3 rebounds per game.

Greg McDermott is in his sixth year at CU after coaching at Iowa State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Wayne State. McDermott and Miles have squared off several times before during their days at the Division II level and have met four times while leading Division I programs: a 67-54 Iowa State win over North Dakota State in 2006-07 and Creighton victories in the last three matchups between the two schools.
  • Fire 1

I wouldn't exactly say the Jays are tumbling. The Cole Huff injury defiantly hurts on the offensive side but will be an upgrade defensively. Geoffrey Groselle has been a beast on the block both offensively and defensively at protecting the rim. The way the huskers can expose that if you have a 5 that can shoot it. That pulls him from the hoop and he isn't the best athlete to get back to the basket. Khyri Thomas is defiantly an X factor for the Jays, he's the stopper on the defensive side and should be able to hold Shields or White down with whoever he guards. This game will come down to Isaiah Zierden IMO. If he's hitting threes I think Nebraska is in for a long night, but if he's cold as he was in the Loyola game it'll prolly be a dogfight and the game will come down to free throws which the Jays have struggled with so far.

Jays 72

Huskers 61

I think we win this game. I am starting to like the way White and Shields are playing and Watson is starting do some good things.

They need to keep playing more and more together as a team. Morrow, Jarcobson and Hammond need to keep improving on the inside. I think Morrow is going to be a stud for us before he is done.

But...all that said, I think we win tonight and that builds some momentum and confidence in the team.

I am surprised that Morrow is struggling as much as he is...

I also think that NU wins this game. I think that Creighton is going to struggle this year.

On what basis do you think Creighton is going to struggle this year? Just curious

Well...I think that in conference they will start to feel the lack of athletic players hurt them. I don't think they have the shooters they had in the past. I think the home court advantage is not as big of a deal anymore.

I am not a Jay fan or a Husker basketball fan but I am not saying I think they will struggle because I am not a fan of the team.

I hate Creighton.

I wouldn't say I hate Nebraska I used to be able to cheer for them. Tim Miles just comes off as a straight douche

I don't know about a douche but I think his "act" is just that, a bit of an act...the nerdy sound bite guy...

I also think he made a horrible hire when he brought in that old dude.

I also think that NU wins this game. I think that Creighton is going to struggle this year.

On what basis do you think Creighton is going to struggle this year? Just curious

Well...I think that in conference they will start to feel the lack of athletic players hurt them. I don't think they have the shooters they had in the past. I think the home court advantage is not as big of a deal anymore.

I am not a Jay fan or a Husker basketball fan but I am not saying I think they will struggle because I am not a fan of the team.

Have you watched them play? They have much more athleticism than they have had the past couple years. Lets be honest who in the country ever has two shooters like McDermott and Wragge. It's tough to win on the road anywhere in college basketball so as far as home court advantage I'd have to disagree on that.

I hate Creighton.

I wouldn't say I hate Nebraska I used to be able to cheer for them. Tim Miles just comes off as a straight douche

I don't know about a douche but I think his "act" is just that, a bit of an act...the nerdy sound bite guy...

I also think he made a horrible hire when he brought in that old dude.

I'll never forget the spring game he was interviewed after being hired and hearing him say I like this "Rex Burkhart player."

Even if it's an act I'm not sure how Nebrasketball fans can put up with it.

Have you watched them play? They have much more athleticism than they have had the past couple years. Lets be honest who in the country ever has two shooters like McDermott and Wragge. It's tough to win on the road anywhere in college basketball so as far as home court advantage I'd have to disagree on that.

I have watched them play...I go to a lot of the games too (part of the perks is I get tons of free tickets! HUMBLE BRAG)...They are more athletic but not more athletic than the teams they play in conference...You could be totally right though...I just don't see them sniffing the dance this year.