Huskers making progress in 500-mile recruiting footprint

NUance

McKewon: Huskers making progress in 500-mile recruiting footprint

Column by Sam McKewon / World-Herald Bureau POSTED: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2015

<snip>

So how are the Huskers doing thus far?

Big hits
» Raridon: The best interior line prospect in the region, Raridon is mobile and tough, and he’s a good finisher. I think good centers on the collegiate level are generally as valuable as good tackles, so Raridon, if he plays center, is a real keeper.
» Spielman: Gatorade player of the year in Minnesota. Spielman averaged 12.3 yards per carry and 15.6 yards per catch. He had eight interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. He could play several positions, but, at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds, he figures to be a slot receiver at Nebraska, and he’s nearly as good, in my book, as any Husker commit in the class.
» Bryant: After 33 touchdowns his senior year, he’ll challenge for playing time as a freshman, and he recently shut down his recruiting, again, by announcing on Twitter he wasn’t interested in contact with other coaches. When a Missouri fan tweeted at Bryant to have fun “freezing” at Nebraska, Bryant replied “I will.” NU fell into a good back here. Underrated.
» Domann: He’s told several recruiting sites that he retains some interest in visiting Colorado, but I expect he lands at Nebraska and plays safety. Domann is very good in coverage — he has natural ball skills — and will bulk up to play against Big Ten running games.

Pretty good overview by Sam. He goes through the big recruiting hits in this class, and also the misses and the guys still in play.
  • Fire 5