Kyle Allen to Transfer

Blackshirt96

I'm beginning to like this idea. It would be one schollie and for one year. Roll the dice. The potential outweighs the risk. Let POB mature and learn the system for 20 months so he is ready for 17. I hate to think what another 5-7 or 6-6 season would do for the coaching staff. The schedule is harder next season with the tougher games away. If we could even get to even on the turnover margin this could be a pretty solid and consistent offense.

Rats....just saw he isn't a graduating senior with a year of eligibility.

I think he would fit our system light years better than our current spread/option starter. I say go for it and make Tommy actually earn a starting position, if he can't then we move along.

This is meaningless as he would have to sit out a transfer year. So Tommy would be gone before Allen would be eligible to play.

Well thanks for pissing in my cheerios. Meany head.

Then no, there is no reason to go after him if he has to sit for a year, by 2017 POB will be our starter if not sooner.

It would be great to have another QB in the room to compete with POB. If Allen beat POB, then that's fine. If he just pushed POB to be greater, that works too.

Here is the problem.

Isn't this guy leaving because there was too much competition?

Answer: YES

Ok, then, nevermind

Or it could be that Sumlin jerked him around last year. Starting him, not starting him, playing QB3 ahead of QB1 and QB2, etc.

I think he would fit our system light years better than our current spread/option starter. I say go for it and make Tommy actually earn a starting position, if he can't then we move along.

This is meaningless as he would have to sit out a transfer year. So Tommy would be gone before Allen would be eligible to play.

Well thanks for pissing in my cheerios. Meany head.

Then no, there is no reason to go after him if he has to sit for a year, by 2017 POB will be our starter if not sooner.

I would welcome a transfer QB at NU, even if he has to sit out next year. POB looks to have plenty of ability, but I wouldn't put it all on his shoulders.

I know Riley got to NU late in the recruiting process last year, but I think he missed the boat when he didn't bring in a QB in the 2015 class.

It would be great to have another QB in the room to compete with POB. If Allen beat POB, then that's fine. If he just pushed POB to be greater, that works too.

Here is the problem.

Ok, then, nevermind

I dunno - the level of talent at A&M at QB is pretty impressive. I can't honestly say I would blame him for wanting to contribute someplace else.

Here is the problem.

Ok, then, nevermind

He is the starting Qb. Not sure he is scared of competition.. He is transferring out because have you seen the way they handled their Qb's this year.. And their locker room is in shambles right now cause of it.

Remember when Sumlin was the next hot coach?

Winning at the CFB level is a lot tougher than most fans appreciate. Sumlin is a good coach, but despite his recruiting, he's not had a winning record in the SEC since his first year.

I may start a "Where are They Now?" Thread about the guys who were considered the best 20 coaches in CFB as of 2011.

• Fire 1