Defensive Line

Is anyone else worried about the Defensive line recruiting?

I get that this year we are stacked with Tackles. If Maliek Collins stays we will have Collins, Kevin Williams, Kevin Maurice, and Vincent Valentine all as seniors. That means we lose 4. We have zero tackles in the class behind them. And in the class behind the class with zero we have Peyton Newell (who has not panned out yet) and Stoltenberg (who many feel should be an end). Look past that and all we have are the Davis twins.

If we sign this 2016 class without a tackle we are literally going to need to go get 3-4 next year to have depth, and because if one doesn't pan out we can't run the risk of only taking 1-2 who can play immediately. It looks scary thin after this year.

And what about defensive end? We lose Dzuris and Mcullen after this year. We have AJ Natter in the class behind that and he hasn't exactly panned out yet. Then the class behind that you have Freedom Akinmoladun and Sedrick King (who is a mystery at this point). And then you have Daishon Neal and Alex Davis in the class behind that.

What I see at DE is a need for upperclassmen who can rush the passer. We NEED to take a juco here in 2016 and it wouldn't hurt to take 2.

• Fire 1

This has been a dire need for a while. Having such numbers in recent years has hampered NU's ability to restock, IMO -- and this cycle the DL recruiting has been a lot of missing out, so far. I agree that JUCO help here would be huge.

Disagree about the OL. Yes, tackle remains a need in this class because of limited numbers returning, but we have 3 nice OL commits for '16. They're just all interior guys.

I think VV and Maliek leaves. K-Will and Maurice would probably start with McMullen, stolt, Davis twins behind them. Need to recruit at least 1-2 DT's b/c McMullen/kwill/Maurice graduate together. Hopefully amir watts + someone else.

Need to find DE's though. Wouldn't be surprised if a Davis twin moved to DE

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Hank Hughes is not a very strong recruiter...

In fairness, Bo and his staff failed miserably when it came to recruiting DEs over his last few recruiting classes. He did manage to recruit the Davis twins though who are labeled DTs but could possibly move to DE.

As of right now, DL is a major concern. Nebraska is going to start offering any player that labels himself a DE at this point. DT is slightly less of a concern, but we'll be losing our top 4 DTs over the next two years if I'm not mistaken. The real concern with DT is that there hasn't been much, if any, interest from prospects.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Hank Hughes is not a very strong recruiter...

In fairness, Bo and his staff failed miserably when it came to recruiting DEs over his last few recruiting classes. He did manage to recruit the Davis twins though who are labeled DTs but could possibly move to DE.

As of right now, DL is a major concern. Nebraska is going to start offering any player that labels himself a DE at this point. DT is slightly less of a concern, but we'll be losing our top 4 DTs over the next two years if I'm not mistaken. The real concern with DT is that there hasn't been much, if any, interest from prospects.

I don't think we should use Bo/Bo's staff as our guage for success. We fired them because we expect better.