State Players of the Year.....?

Comish

So it looks like we have secured the State POY from Minnesota and Colorado and are close to the South Dakota winner.

If you lock in 1/2 of the contiguous state's POY, that's pretty telling and shows success in the vaunted 500 mile radius template.

But, (unless I've missed it ----certainly a strong possibility); what has happened (if anything) with the Nebraska POY?

Is the QB from Omaha not interested in the Huskers? Are we not interested in him?

Seems like there has been a notable lack of discussion about securing our own POY....??

(especially when he plays a position we appear to be lacking decent depth)

• Fire 2

Drew Ott and Harrison Phillips were two big misses by us in recent years.

Calvin Jones, Scott Frost, Ahman Green, Eric Crouch, Bo Ruud, Danny Woodhead are some previous winners. Too bad players like this haven't come out of Nebraska in a while.

While I agree, Ott and Phillips both had at least an FBS offer. This kid doesn't.

We are interested in the kid, but as a walk on only. Not one FBS offer, don't see why we should offer just because he won our state's POY.

Not saying that.

My question is what is it (or isn't it) about this particular athlete that has so many Div 1 coaches uninterested?

Plays in the largest classification; is in a position of need; seems to have the size and athletic ability; Set loads of season and career records.

?????

We are interested in the kid, but as a walk on only. Not one FBS offer, don't see why we should offer just because he won our state's POY.

Not saying that.

My question is what is it (or isn't it) about this particular athlete that has so many Div 1 coaches uninterested?

Plays in the largest classification; is in a position of need; seems to have the size and athletic ability; Set loads of season and career records.

?????

There has been plenty of QBs that have come through and broken records in high school. Silas Fluellen for example and he ended up going to Wayne and was a nice player at the division II level. He even had a brother that played for NU, it's just how it goes.

Not saying that.

?????

There has been plenty of QBs that have come through and broken records in high school. Silas Fluellen for example and he ended up going to Wayne and was a nice player at the division II level. He even had a brother that played for NU, it's just how it goes.

I'm not questioning that.

And not arguing about past misses or other "not interested" offers.

I'm just wondering (from anyone who has seen him play) to speculate on what specific set of limitations or skills make him flawed as a Div 1 QB?

Not saying that.

?????

I'm not questioning that.

And not arguing about past misses or other "not interested" offers.

I'm just wondering (from anyone who has seen him play) to speculate on what specific set of limitations or skills make him flawed as a Div 1 QB?

If Wyoming or Ohio hasn't offered yet then that should tell you all you need to know