Current Ranking 2016 Class

Good lord....we are getting better recruits than he got at OSU.

In 2014, with 30 recruits he was ranked 56 with an average grade of 80.7 That's right at the point of almost averaging a 2 star grade.

This year with only 15 commits, our average grade is 87.27.

Now, I believe 88 is where a recruit gets to a 4 star grade. So, on average, our commits are right at that point of almost being a 4 star.

The class is no where close to being done.

Is our goal to be better than Oregon State or is our goal to be one of the top programs in the country?
My comment was at a post acting like that is what we were getting.

Obviously we need to be getting some of the best players in the country.

Understand, didn't mean it directly at you. Just a general thought along the same lines of the convo.

Also interesting that in Anderson's first year at Oregon State he averaging 83 rating on his recruits...

Most coaches get a honey moon period in recruiting where they can recruit better than the school's norm. For some reason (maybe going 5-7), this staff never got that whatsoever.
Agreed, and we aren't doing it.

In 2014, with 30 recruits he was ranked 56 with an average grade of 80.7 That's right at the point of almost averaging a 2 star grade.

Now, I believe 88 is where a recruit gets to a 4 star grade. So, on average, our commits are right at that point of almost being a 4 star.

Oh BigRedBuster,

tumblr_ll8xkbswRY1qb3j2u.gif

Care to explain?

Or are you just flying by?

Oh BigRedBuster,

tumblr_ll8xkbswRY1qb3j2u.gif

Care to explain?

Or are you just flying by?

Do I need to?

Ok. Well Nebraska's recruiting is not very good this year, particularly on the D-line. The one position our coaches needed to recruit the best this year. But I like your optimism.

The players we have are good players and that is pointed out with their average rating. That is better than both OSU and Nebraska has had.

I agree we need D linemen. I didn't say we didn't.

I was simply pointing out that the players we have committed are better players than riley was getting as OSU.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Is our goal to be better than Oregon State or is our goal to be one of the top programs in the country?

Understand, didn't mean it directly at you. Just a general thought along the same lines of the convo.

Also interesting that in Anderson's first year at Oregon State he averaging 83 rating on his recruits...

Most coaches get a honey moon period in recruiting where they can recruit better than the school's norm. For some reason (maybe going 5-7), this staff never got that whatsoever.

This is what is puzzling to me. The regime change class is normally a good one because coaches can sell their vision no matter the results.

I watched every commits film etc. yesterday. Gotta admit this is a weak class overall. I was impressed with POB, Raridon, and Bryant. Some others were good but nothing that jumped out.

We do however have some guys that are in reach that are very solid that I watched. Farniok, I. Simmons, Watts, Jackson, Fitzpatrick. Gotta close

You would have to go back to 2011 I think to find a class with as high of average grade as this one.

Yes, we have missed in some we wanted. But, the ones we have are good players.

I watched every commits film etc. yesterday. Gotta admit this is a weak class overall. I was impressed with POB, Raridon, and Bryant. Some others were good but nothing that jumped out.

We do however have some guys that are in reach that are very solid that I watched. Farniok, I. Simmons, Watts, Jackson, Fitzpatrick. Gotta close

I think Grimm, Dismuke and Brokop are good recruits. Stoll is what we need at TE.

I think Grimm, Dismuke and Brokop are good recruits. Stoll is what we need at TE.

They for sure can be good players. Just comparing Dismuke and Jackson you can see some gap there IMO. Snyder once healthy will impress people at TE.

i think the extreme negativity on social media is having a negative effect on our recruiting. they get to experience gameday 1 time...and can read the message boards every day. what do you think will have the most impact?

Every major school deals with this. Once again our fan base is far more of a pro than con in recruiting.
  • Fire 1

You would have to go back to 2011 I think to find a class with as high of average grade as this one.

I'd prefer not to have the same results recruiting (nor on the field) as the Bo regime. Our bar should be higher. And don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with the caliber of most of our recruits...but now we're missing on some of our "big" targets and will more than likely start reaching.
  • Fire 1

I'd prefer not to have the same results recruiting (nor on the field) as the Bo regime. Our bar should be higher. And don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with the caliber of most of our recruits...but now we're missing on some of our "big" targets and will more than likely start reaching.
Don't disagree. But to say we haven't had a bump would've mistaken. We need to close well with the some of the other top recruits we are in on.

i think the extreme negativity on social media is having a negative effect on our recruiting. they get to experience gameday 1 time...and can read the message boards every day. what do you think will have the most impact?

this is a terrible excuse, every single major program has message boards with pessimistic fans. I'm sure there were plenty on Bama boards after their losses to Ole Miss and Oklahoma's after the Texas game. The product on the field and having a reputation and history of winning I would think have way more of an affect on recruiting
  • Fire 2