GT: Prairie View A&M at Nebraska - 7PM CT - BTN Plus

WOW, PV was actually up 34-33 at one point! Tim Miles, at this point, is a total joke of a coach!

This is a total joke of a post. Nice job cherry picking one moment of the game. Besides about 6 minutes of terrible basketball - miles looked like a typical coach of a team that totally outclassed the competition. If you want to make a comment about the final score and then let that reflect on our coach then it would hold more weight.

You are free to think what you want. My post is more than one game.

It was 31-28 at half time, how many minutes are in each half?

You also, obviously. Your post was very much pointed at one point of the game. Now your mind might have been thinking about the entire season - but reading it with out being able to have any additional clues makes that difficult.

How many minutes into the game was it when they went on the 16-0 run? If you take that number and subtract it from "how many minutes are in each half" you will get the number of minutes that we looked terrible.

"Webster keyed the run after Prairie View A&M erased an 18-point first-half deficit, taking a 34-33 lead after Tevin Bellinger’s jumper with 17:33 remaining.

Benny Parker’s 3-pointer from the corner with 16:57 left started the run, as Nebraska turned up the defensive pressure, recording five steals and holding the Panthers without a field goal for a stretch of 5:43."

Sounds like you are now cherry picking to find something in your favor. In that game, we saw much of the same undisciplined play we have seen in many games this year. That is coaching! and to lose an 18 point lead against PV is a joke!

Also the game was over half over before NU started its run.

Let me say this again.. PV was 0-10 and one of the worst in the country. Making excuses for poor play even though they finally got things going doesn't help solve anything.

Don't get the cherry picking comment - care to explain.

PV is a terrible team and I didn't deny that or claim that this was a "special" win.

No where in this entire thread did I make a single excuse for poor play - if so please show me....

I guess your math skills were not strong enough to solve the period of time that they played "terrible" so I will help.

Using the play by play box score (because we could go on for hours discussing the quality of play - whether a basket is made or not)

6:26 to go in first half we are up 26-11 so this is were I mentioned the play got terrible.

17:32 to go in the second half is were we started to have a heart beat (20:00 - 17:32 = 2:28)

6:26 + 2:28 = 8:54 (sorry in my original post I stated they played "terrible" for 6 minutes --- it should have stated 8:54 minutes)

So for 31:06 minutes we outscored them 74-27, whether we played good or average during this time - is debatable, however hard to say it was terrible.

for 8:54 minutes we got outscored 7-23, clearly terrible against a team that has and will continue to struggle.

Come back with whatever you want because i'm sure it will be good, however i'm done talking about this game. This debate has gone on about 6 post too many.....

Your obsession with time is cherry picking, so much so you ignore what happened during the whole game.

Getting outscored in 9 minutes by PV is terrible! Letting PV go on a 16-0 run no matter what is terrible! Getting our butts handed to us by full court pressure is terrible.

NU looked like a Junior High team playing against the zone and trying to break the press. Multiple turnovers, a 10 second violation (yes seriously, a 10 second violation against a man to man full court press.

WOW, PV was actually up 34-33 at one point! Tim Miles, at this point, is a total joke of a coach!

This is a total joke of a post. Nice job cherry picking one moment of the game. Besides about 6 minutes of terrible basketball - miles looked like a typical coach of a team that totally outclassed the competition. If you want to make a comment about the final score and then let that reflect on our coach then it would hold more weight.

You also, obviously. Your post was very much pointed at one point of the game. Now your mind might have been thinking about the entire season - but reading it with out being able to have any additional clues makes that difficult.

How many minutes into the game was it when they went on the 16-0 run? If you take that number and subtract it from "how many minutes are in each half" you will get the number of minutes that we looked terrible.

"Webster keyed the run after Prairie View A&M erased an 18-point first-half deficit, taking a 34-33 lead after Tevin Bellinger’s jumper with 17:33 remaining.

Benny Parker’s 3-pointer from the corner with 16:57 left started the run, as Nebraska turned up the defensive pressure, recording five steals and holding the Panthers without a field goal for a stretch of 5:43."

Sounds like you are now cherry picking to find something in your favor. In that game, we saw much of the same undisciplined play we have seen in many games this year. That is coaching! and to lose an 18 point lead against PV is a joke!

Let me say this again.. PV was 0-10 and one of the worst in the country. Making excuses for poor play even though they finally got things going doesn't help solve anything.

PV is a terrible team and I didn't deny that or claim that this was a "special" win.

No where in this entire thread did I make a single excuse for poor play - if so please show me....

I guess your math skills were not strong enough to solve the period of time that they played "terrible" so I will help.

Using the play by play box score (because we could go on for hours discussing the quality of play - whether a basket is made or not)

6:26 to go in first half we are up 26-11 so this is were I mentioned the play got terrible.

17:32 to go in the second half is were we started to have a heart beat (20:00 - 17:32 = 2:28)

6:26 + 2:28 = 8:54 (sorry in my original post I stated they played "terrible" for 6 minutes --- it should have stated 8:54 minutes)

So for 31:06 minutes we outscored them 74-27, whether we played good or average during this time - is debatable, however hard to say it was terrible.

for 8:54 minutes we got outscored 7-23, clearly terrible against a team that has and will continue to struggle.

Come back with whatever you want because i'm sure it will be good, however i'm done talking about this game. This debate has gone on about 6 post too many.....

Your obsession with time is cherry picking, so much so you ignore what happened during the whole game.

Getting outscored in 9 minutes by PV is terrible! Letting PV go on a 16-0 run no matter what is terrible! Getting our butts handed to us by full court pressure is terrible.

NU looked like a Junior High team playing against the zone and trying to break the press. Multiple turnovers, a 10 second violation (yes seriously, a 10 second violation against a man to man full court press.

90% of those 13 game total TOs were in the final minutes of the first half. We have 10 new comers & 7 freshman. Miles is likes to make them play things out and learn from experience. This game was never out of hand! Some people need to relax!

90% of those 13 game total TOs were in the final minutes of the first half. We have 10 new comers & 7 freshman. Miles is likes to make them play things out and learn from experience. This game was never out of hand! Some people need to relax!

Need to relax? I'm not upset, tense, or anything else. Pointing out the horrible job Miles is doing is just a fact. Also, nobody said the game was "out of hand". The complaint is and always has been the lack of discipline, and the lack of focus.

It is just laughable that some can not see we are no better off in year 4 with Miles than the last 2 coaches.. Guess what happened to them? Oh sure, he had a decent year at 19-13 but nothing since.

Why does when those turn overs happened matter, we still made them.. against PV no less! We can't even look good for a whole game against a team this crappy.

Also, why is it that in year 4 of Miles career here we have a team that is so young?

Need to relax? I'm not upset, tense, or anything else. Pointing out the horrible job Miles is doing is just a fact. Also, nobody said the game was "out of hand". The complaint is and always has been the lack of discipline, and the lack of focus.

It is just laughable that some can not see we are no better off in year 4 than with Miles than the last 2 coaches.. Guess what happened to them? Oh sure, he had a decent year at 19-13 but nothing since.

Why does when those turn overs happened matter, we still made them.. against PV no less! We can't even look good for a whole game against a team this crappy.

Also, why is it that in year 4 of Miles career here we have a team that is so young?

If you are so disappointed, just quit watching!

It is just laughable that some can not see we are no better off in year 4 than with Miles than the last 2 coaches.. Guess what happened to them? Oh sure, he had a decent year at 19-13 but nothing since.

I'm sorry, but what a stupid comment! Nothing like ignoring the facts!

We do have a young team, which means we MIGHT have a good team in a couple years.. but then we start all over again. Crappy years and young team just to have that one year of being decent.

I'm normally just a casual looker of posts on here, but your comments made me have to sign in and comment. I'm not sure why you need to be so negative about this game. Yes. I realize that PV is bad and this is a game we should win handily, which in the end we actually did if you would stop worrying about the smaller portion of the game where we struggled. All teams go through stretches where they don't look good. It's college basketball and these are college kids out there playing. We have a very, very young team and a few of them are getting adjusted to the level of play at the college level. If some of these players were at another school, they wouldn't be seeing the court this early in the year. I think it's good for them and will bode well in the future but you gotta take the growing pains that come with. Coming here and saying Tim Miles is a joke of a coach hits me very badly. That's a bad overreaction and quite frankly I don't think it is necessary to post in here.

We do have a young team, which means we MIGHT have a good team in a couple years.. but then we start all over again. Crappy years and young team just to have that one year of being decent.

You would hope that we would get to a point where we can redshirt a few players instead throwing them into the fire. This year we are asking a lot of out freshman. In fact Hammond, Morrow & McVay all appear they could use a year to get bigger, stronger & faster.

You would hope that we would get to a point where we can redshirt a few players instead throwing them into the fire. This year we are asking a lot of out freshman. In fact Hammond, Morrow & McVay all appear they could use a year to get bigger, stronger & faster.

I can 100% agree with this!

I'm normally just a casual looker of posts on here, but your comments made me have to sign in and comment. I'm not sure why you need to be so negative about this game. Yes. I realize that PV is bad and this is a game we should win handily, which in the end we actually did if you would stop worrying about the smaller portion of the game where we struggled. All teams go through stretches where they don't look good. It's college basketball and these are college kids out there playing. We have a very, very young team and a few of them are getting adjusted to the level of play at the college level. If some of these players were at another school, they wouldn't be seeing the court this early in the year. I think it's good for them and will bode well in the future but you gotta take the growing pains that come with. Coming here and saying Tim Miles is a joke of a coach hits me very badly. That's a bad overreaction and quite frankly I don't think it is necessary to post in here.

Glad I got you to join in. What does this being college have to do with anything? I never said anything about the kids. I said Tim is a joke so far. This team looks no better than the coaches before him, the coaches that were fired.. Sloppy, Undisciplined, no offense.. I could go on. Tim is getting paid big bucks and is only producing sloppy crappy play.

It is his job to turn this team into a much better team than this! He "seems' more interested in being a "cool" coach instead of installing tough discipline!