Recruiting 2 sports kids question

Last I seen in the baseball thread A kid from a local school here outside of Houston Tx is committed or verbally committed to play baseball for the Huskers. He was just named 2nd team All District Qb in his district. Some may say 2nd team who cares. BUT Offensive MVP went to a Qb thats committed to Alabama and 1st team went to a kid committed to Kansas and led his team to a 6A state championship this year.

Question is would he be able to play football here as well or no not likely?

I know Erstad played. And there have been many others. Wonder if we are even looking at him at Qb.

I doubt he would play football at NU. It's too much of an investment to play both football and baseball, especially at QB.

Erstad only played football for one year, and that was as a punter/kicker. That position was more "do-able" since he doesn't have the need to practice full time at kicker.

I know Erstad played. And there have been many others. Wonder if we are even looking at him at Qb.

I wouldn't. Your QB needs to be 100% focused on fball.

Jameis Winston

Winston played baseball for FSU in 2013 because he was redshirting football. He played in 2014 so he could serve his suspension there instead of football the following season.

Jameis Winston
Ok if the kid is a 5-star quarterback maybe you make an exception...but for a baseball player who might be good enough to join the footbal team...no.

Jameis Winston

Winston played baseball for FSU in 2013 because he was redshirting football. He played in 2014 so he could serve his suspension there instead of football the following season.

So???