Was Newby suspended for the 1Q?

I don't know why Newby had 0 carries in the first quarter. But I do know that our rushing game was more effective due to him having fewer carries and Zig and Cross having more carries. Those guys carried the rock with a purpose. Newby goes down way too easily. The excuse we heard all year was that he was better at pass pro. Piss poor way to select your feature running back imo. Ozigbo, Cross, and Wilbon all run harder. Newby's just a fancy scat back. There are certain types of runs he is suited for. Unfortunately for most of the season, the guys in charge struggled to identify when we needed a bruiser and when we needed some quickness to the outside. Hope the light finally came on for Langs and Riley last night. Our run game productivity was not solely the result of a poor UCLA rush defense.

• Fire 2

I like Ozigbo, I think hes a fine rb with obvious upside. I just think we need to find someone that jumps off the screen when they touch the ball. A guy whose talent demands 20-25 touches a game in various forms. I just don't think Devine is that guy. Hope im wrong but im not seeing it.

Give Ozigbo a full Spring to work on things and we may see something better in August.

I like Ozigbo, I think hes a fine rb with obvious upside. I just think we need to find someone that jumps off the screen when they touch the ball. A guy whose talent demands 20-25 touches a game in various forms. I just don't think Devine is that guy. Hope im wrong but im not seeing it.

Give Ozigbo a full Spring to work on things and we may see something better in August.

Hopefully

Looks like a NFL player to me. 220 lb true freshman with great feet. While not a burner he has a nice burst.

That guy is Wilbon. Wilbon can fulfill the "lightning" role in single-back sets and passing downs and Ozigbo is your hammer to punish the D in power-run formations and short-yardage situations. I really believe these two could become a poor man's version of Reggie Bush and LenDale White if the coaches would pull their heads out of their asses, shelve Newby, put Wilbon and Ozigbo on the field, and run the damn ball.