GT: Northwestern at Nebraska - 3PM CT - ESPNU

F5WG75q.pngpICUawl.pngEG42u7n.png
December 30, 2015
3pm CT - ESPNU
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Northwestern Wildcats 12-1, 0-0 (Last: 74-59 W vs Loyola Maryland)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 8-5, 0-0 (Last: 81-50 W vs Prairie View A&M)

Big Ten Standings
Purdue 1-0, 13-1

Iowa 1-0, 10-3

Northwestern 0-0, 12-1

Maryland 0-0, 11-1

Indiana 0-0, 10-3

Michigan 0-0, 10-3

Penn State 0-0, 9-4

Illinois 0-0, 8-5

Nebraska 0-0, 8-5

Ohio State 0-0, 8-5

Minnesota 0-0, 6-6

Rutgers 0-0, 6-7

Michigan State 0-1, 13-1

Wisconsin 0-1, 8-6

Head Coaches
Northwestern Chris Collins (40-37 at Northwestern)
Nebraska Tim Miles (338-274, 55-54 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Northwestern

C - Alex Olah - Foot - Out indefinitely
F - Vic Law - Shoulder - Out for season

Nebraska
No injuries to report

Scouting Northwestern

Northwestern comes to Lincoln with a 12-1 record, matching the program’s best start after 13 games in school history. The Wildcats are on a nine-game win streak since a loss to North Carolina on Nov. 23. The Wildcats are led by third-year coach Chris Collins, who spent 13 seasons at Duke under Hall of Fame Coach Mike Krzyzewski before taking the Northwestern job prior to the 2013-14 season.

The Wildcats returned all five starters from a team that went 15-17 in 2014-15, but are without a pair of starters. Vic Law suffered a season-ending shoulder injury before the opener, while Alex Olah suffered a foot injury and is out for Wednesday’s game. Olah was averaging 12.8 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
The Wildcats, who are averaging 79.9 points per game and shooting 39 percent from 3-point range, feature one of the Big Ten’s best backcourts in sophomore Bryant McIntosh and senior Tre Demps. McIntosh averages 16.2 points per game to rank seventh in the Big Ten in scoring and is third with 6.8 assists per game. Demps is 12th in the Big Ten in scoring at 15.2 ppg while dishing out 4.2 assists per game.
  • Fire 1

(I always mention I am not a Husker Basketball fan or a Miles fan, that way you know I am not being a homer)

The Huskers catch Northwestern at the perfect time...Two solid players are out, great news for the Huskers.

Home Court Advantage: A little one, the PBA will be kind of lame today, the start time is odd and it is winter break.

Coaching: I am going to say it is even

Players: Shields will be the best player on the court

Edge: Goes to the Huskers...give up the 3 points and enjoy a nice 76 - 69 point win.

Side note: If you like money and if you want more of it, go bet on Michigan -4 on the road vs the Illini...final score: Michigan 79 - Illinios 66

What a weird start time, weekday afternoon...

Injuries wise, I think Northwestern would've been better off losing two backcourt players as opposed to two frontcourt players against Nebraska. Hopefully the injuries should allow Nebraska to find some very much needed success inside on both offense and defense. Crucial to get a win here to build some momentum heading into two tough games against Indiana and in Iowa City.

Have the Huskers ever started 1-0 in Big Ten conference play?

A win would be really nice....just don't see it happening. Even with all the stars aligning with NW injuries and being at home. This team is basically last year 2.0. Still only have two players that are even half-decent

I am just not seeing how NW can even compete all that well today...I will even change it and say that the Huskers win by 10...line is now 3.5