Riley to the Saints?

Is this article from 2005? When Riley was relevant?

If he left now, although some may welcome it, it would set this program back even longer because there are no coaches out there to hire now. We literally would be doomed.

I think the Eagles just fired one that some people would be interested in hiring

There is no way Chip Kelly would ever come to Nebraska. He is also wanting to stay in the NFL.

Although many would like to see Riley leave, now would be the absolute worse time for that to happen.

It was a joke. I wouldn't expect Kelly to come here either. Nor would I expect him to be offered.

Gruden hasn't coached for how long, but every year he gets brought up for every big job. I'd take him in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong. The guy sleeps 4 hours a night and does nothing but analyze football with roughly 16 of the other 20 hours. But there has to be a reason he still hasn't taken a HC job.

Gruden hasn't coached for how long, but every year he gets brought up for every big job. I'd take him in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong. The guy sleeps 4 hours a night and does nothing but analyze football with roughly 16 of the other 20 hours. But there has to be a reason he still hasn't taken a HC job.

I'll tell you the reason: He gets paid buckets of money to be on national TV and talk about football without the job insecurity of a head coach. He's basically a TV coach, coaching up all the fans watching the games at home

He reportedly makes $6.5 million a year doing Monday Night Football. Why leave for a job where you might make 1.5-2 million more, less job security and a lot more stress when you already have a super bowl ring?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/highest-paid-espn-jon-gruden-report-monday-night-football-jon-gruden-salary

He reportedly makes $6.5 million a year doing Monday Night Football. Why leave for a job where you might make 1.5-2 million more, less job security and a lot more stress when you already have a super bowl ring?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/highest-paid-espn-jon-gruden-report-monday-night-football-jon-gruden-salary

Gruden does seem comfortable with his current salary so yeah, I agree why would he leave his post? The argument could be made that coaching is in his blood but nobody knows that but himself. I think if he waits any longer, he may never coach again and that probably won't affect him too much with the money he's making with MNF. He reportedly came very close to taking the Tennessee Volunteers HC job in 2012. He also reportedly told a close friend he would only return to the NFL to coach the Oakland Raiders. John might be the kind of guy who will only go for a dream job type of opportunity and I don't think Nebraska is that kind of destination.

I read somewhere that MR and his wife like to eat food. NOLA has good food so this is probably a done deal.

They do have some good food!

Contracts are probably being signed right now...the real question, who is SE going after?

Larry Coker just resigned at UTSA

Jeff Fisher has a career 500 record

Morgan Freeman would make perfect sense after the MR hire.

I'll tell you the reason: He gets paid buckets of money to be on national TV and talk about football without the job insecurity of a head coach. He's basically a TV coach, coaching up all the fans watching the games at home

Boom.

And he's interesting to listen to, at least in my opinion. He does a really good job breaking down plays in a way that makes sense for people who may not know a ton about football.

Boom.

And he's interesting to listen to, at least in my opinion. He does a really good job breaking down plays in a way that makes sense for people who may not know a ton about football.

The guy has an almost scary memory when it comes to QB's.