Finally!!!

Jurgey

I'm thrilled that it's done, but I don't know why you think it took too long for the Royals to sign Gordon. KC was smart to play the negotiating game, let Gordon see what other offers were out there, and frankly I think KC got a very good deal with this. $18M a year if a hefty price tag, but they didn't have to go over 4 years to sign him. Anything longer than 4 years would have been a bad deal, and that contract would have been an albatross in years 5 or 6.

Sorry, didn't mean to aggravate anyone. I was just thinking of myself when I said finally. I wanted to get my hotel rooms lined up asap for when we go to games this summer. If Alex wouldn't have signed with the Royals, there is no need for me to get rooms. He is the only reason our family goes to the games. If he's gone from KC, so are we.

Just the straight up truth.

Already booked at the Drury Inn as of an hour ago!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to aggravate anyone. I was just thinking of myself when I said finally. I wanted to get my hotel rooms lined up asap for when we go to games this summer. If Alex wouldn't have signed with the Royals, there is no need for me to get rooms. He is the only reason our family goes to the games. If he's gone from KC, so are we.

Just the straight up truth.

Already booked at the Drury Inn as of an hour ago!!!

No problem. I'm not aggravated. I think the Royals approached the Gordon re-signed fairly smart.

I have been a Royals fan for 30+ years. Gordon being a former Husker and a lifetime Royal is great, but he's not the reason I support the Royals.