Starting Lineup Predictions?

Don't know how many people in here follow Nebraska baseball vigorously. I do. Just wanted to get some people's opinions on who they think is going to be starting in each position. I know this is a pretty hard thing to project.

Also, if anyone has info on incoming guys that could be making immediate impact?

This is how I see it shaping out for game 1....

SP - Garrett King or Colton Howell

C - Taylor Fish

1B - Scott Schreiber

2B - Jake Schleppenbach

SS - Steven Reveles

3B - Jake Placzek

LF - Luis Alvarado

CF - Ryan Boldt

RF - Elijah Dilday

DH - Ben Miller

You'll notice I dont have a single newcomer in this lineup. All of these players had a decent amount of playing time last year, but there are some major holes to fill especially on the mound.

Most interesting thing to me is 3rd base. Because Placzek played SS most of last year when Reveles was hurt. But now that Reveles received medical hardship, I feel like Placzek is the more versatile player in which he will move over to the 3B position in order to keep him in the starting lineup and Reveles will get his starting spot back at SS.

Also, RF is kind of a tossup as well as someone will have to replace the very reliable Austin Darby. I think Dilday is a good player to put here because of his flashes of potential last season. He was inconsistent, but for a freshman, he was impressive.

Pitching overall will be key for this team. Especially with a new catcher as well. Garrett King was solid but he's just very tall and lanky and isn't physically imposing for batters. We'll see how he takes a starting role on the weekend rotation. I think Howell will take a spot in there as well and Burkamper will probably be in the Sunday slot again.

Other pitchers to keep an eye on:

Nate Fisher

Max Knutson

Jake Meyers

Jake McSteen

Matt Waldron

Ryan Connolly

Please, dear god let's never have to see Ben Miller on the mound again. Keep him in the DH spot where he belongs.

• Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not really sure about this season, considering we lost two of our top four pitchers before it even began. I hope Silva can build up the n00bs into something formidable--this season is easily a 40+ win season if we have even just decent and consistent pitching.