Oversigning

Michigan also had 23 players for 16 spots. I'd defenitely take that into consideration if they were recruiting me.

Harbaugh wants his guys. He's going to sign 25 + 3

Former 5* RB's are all but gone (Greene and Isaac) 5* QB Morris gone.

He's cleaning house

Per B1G rules he can only sign 16+3 unless he runs a lot more players out.

Michigan also had 23 players for 16 spots. I'd defenitely take that into consideration if they were recruiting me.

He's cleaning house

That's what he's going to do. Can only have 85 on ship one way or another.

He's cleaning house

#HarbaughEffect

It just has to happen before fall practice next year.

That is only for the 3 over 85 IIRC, the others would have to be gone by signing day I think.

Nah, pretty sure he's right. Only rule is that your roster is at 85 by start of fall camp and stays at 85 or lower for the duration of your season.

It just has to happen before fall practice next year.

That is only for the 3 over 85 IIRC, the others would have to be gone by signing day I think.

Nah, pretty sure he's right. Only rule is that your roster is at 85 by start of fall camp and stays at 85 or lower for the duration of your season.
Yep
Fair enough, I couldn't remember and too lazy too look it up on my phone.

I don't think so. I think you are only allowed to over-sign up to 88 on signing day. You do have to be down to 85 by fall but you can't have more than 88 on signing day.

I'm having trouble finding it spelled out exactly but here's an article from the OWH that pretty much says that (from last year):

As the World-Herald's scholarship distribution chart shows, NU has 72 of 85 scholarships filled. The Big Ten allows schools to sign three players over the 85-man scholarship limit. That presumes the attrition that tends to happen every offseason or the possibility that one or more of the signees won’t academically qualify.

“All these coaches are like, ‘Well, I’d like to take one more guy, it’d be great if I could have one more,’” Gunderson said. “But I have to tell them ‘Well, that’s not possible, guys.’ Coach Riley is really good about that. He’ll pull me aside. We’ve got all the boards downstairs and, ‘OK, here’s the spots, how do we want to fill them, and here’s the candidates.’ So I think we’ll go to 19.”

The Big Ten rules are a change from what Riley and Co. dealt with at Oregon State. There, teams got 25 scholarships to offer each cycle and didn’t have to necessarily fit within 88 on signing day. In the Big Ten, “88 is 88,” Gunderson said.

• Fire 2

I don't think so. I think you are only allowed to over-sign up to 88 on signing day. You do have to be down to 85 by fall but you can't have more than 88 on signing day.

I'm having trouble finding it spelled out exactly but here's an article from the OWH that pretty much says that (from last year):

As the World-Herald's scholarship distribution chart shows, NU has 72 of 85 scholarships filled. The Big Ten allows schools to sign three players over the 85-man scholarship limit. That presumes the attrition that tends to happen every offseason or the possibility that one or more of the signees won’t academically qualify.

“All these coaches are like, ‘Well, I’d like to take one more guy, it’d be great if I could have one more,’” Gunderson said. “But I have to tell them ‘Well, that’s not possible, guys.’ Coach Riley is really good about that. He’ll pull me aside. We’ve got all the boards downstairs and, ‘OK, here’s the spots, how do we want to fill them, and here’s the candidates.’ So I think we’ll go to 19.”

The Big Ten rules are a change from what Riley and Co. dealt with at Oregon State. There, teams got 25 scholarships to offer each cycle and didn’t have to necessarily fit within 88 on signing day. In the Big Ten, “88 is 88,” Gunderson said.

I have always interpreted like this. You can only have 88 on signing day. Then you have to be at 85 by fall camp