Where are the Nebraska-Natives?

Obviously not at UNL.

>> Speaking of the Jackrabbits, you know who their second- or third-best player is? Freshman Mike Daum from Kimball is a 6-foot-9, 230 pounder averaging 13 points and five rebounds for one of the top 100 basketball teams in the country. Thats impressive.

It brings me back to a frustrating topic for Nebrasketball fans.

Mike Gesell is on fire at Iowa, looking like an all-Big Ten point guard. At UNO, junior Tra-Deon Hollins leads the nation in steals. Sophomore TreShawn Thurman is averaging 15 and eight.

At Creighton, freshman Khyri Thomas starts. Greg McDermott has stashed Justin Patton on his bench for next season. And Akoy Agau, who tore his ACL in October, should be a contributor at Georgetown next year. All are in-state kids. None signed with Dear Ole Nebraska U.

Put those five guys playing this year Gesell, Hollins, Thomas, Thurman, Daum against the Huskers right now. Who wins?

For Nebraska's sake, I'll withhold my prediction.

OWH

Obviously not at UNL.

>> Speaking of the Jackrabbits, you know who their second- or third-best player is? Freshman Mike Daum from Kimball is a 6-foot-9, 230 pounder averaging 13 points and five rebounds for one of the top 100 basketball teams in the country. Thats impressive.

Mike Gesell is on fire at Iowa, looking like an all-Big Ten point guard. At UNO, junior Tra-Deon Hollins leads the nation in steals. Sophomore TreShawn Thurman is averaging 15 and eight.

At Creighton, freshman Khyri Thomas starts. Greg McDermott has stashed Justin Patton on his bench for next season. And Akoy Agau, who tore his ACL in October, should be a contributor at Georgetown next year. All are in-state kids. None signed with Dear Ole Nebraska U.

Put those five guys playing this year Gesell, Hollins, Thomas, Thurman, Daum against the Huskers right now. Who wins?

OWH

Good ole Dirk, stirring the pot!

Gesel and akoy said no. Grade issues with thurman initally. Didnt thomas have grade issues as well? Didn't even get a chance to look at patton. Creighton offered and he committed pretty fast. Skipped over mike daum in 2014 for former OU commut Hammond. Hollins wouldn't have that many steals in the big ten...

Gesel and akoy said no. Grade issues with thurman initally. Didnt thomas have grade issues as well? Didn't even get a chance to look at patton. Creighton offered and he committed pretty fast. Skipped over mike daum in 2014 for former OU commut Hammond. Hollins wouldn't have that many steals in the big ten...

While all that's true, there does seem to be some disconnect between the university and in state players (goes for fb too). Yes, the competition isn't as good in Nebraska but it seems like just bc a kid is from here, a lot of times they are automatically thrown into a category of "not as good", regardless of how good they are. I didn't realize what state you were born in made a difference in your talent.

Obviously not at UNL.

OWH

Was anything he said wrong?

Obviously not at UNL.

OWH

Mr. negative, check out post 3. Plus SD ST. & UNO best comp for the year is Minnesota. Gessel & Akoy was during the Doc area This is about Dirk's past of using half the story.

Obviously not at UNL.

OWH

Mr. negative, check out post 3. Plus SD ST. & UNO best comp for the year is Minnesota. Gessel & Akoy was during the Doc area This is about Dirk's past of using half the story.

asking if something he said is wrong is being negative? chuckle, ok! Miles did try to get them both to come here. That said, Tim's teams have been no better than Doc's, so he probably would have not gotten them anyway.

Gessel and Akoy were during the transition.

They probably lost interest in Nebraska because of the Doc era. But, Miles tried to get both.

Yep. People were saying the first thing Miles should do after he was hired was set up camp at Central to try to convince Agau to sign here.

• 2 weeks later...