Michigan Trying to Hold Some Spring Practices at Florida's IMG Academy

It's nuts! How are they supposed to attend classes from 1500 miles away? Probably the way they 'attend' classes now - using surrogates. LOL i would think winter vacations in Florida might constitute some kind of 'extra benefit'.

I'm assuming they will be doing it over the week of their spring break

It's nuts! How are they supposed to attend classes from 1500 miles away? Probably the way they 'attend' classes now - using surrogates. LOL i would think winter vacations in Florida might constitute some kind of 'extra benefit'.

I'm assuming they will be doing it over the week of their spring break

This was my assumption as well. Let's head out to Cali this week... Greta idea by Harbaugh, so long as they're in school when need to be in school.

We barely break even travel costs etc on bowl games typically so how in heck is a school going to afford the cost of taking entire team to Florida for 'spring practice break"? I can just see the big trouble a bunch of players could get into on spring break in Florida. I can't imagine how it would not be some kind of recruiting issue as well. It seems there are so many rules and limits on contacts, etc. that this would be a real question mark. I realize these coaches are doing camps but that is not the same as taking your team on paid vacations to tropical places. Next we will be seeing coaches taking their teams on trips to China or wherever like John Cook does. That has to be a great recruiting tool; doesn't seem quite fair in recruiting such that some schools might cry foul?

• Fire 1

We barely break even travel costs etc on bowl games typically so how in heck is a school going to afford the cost of taking entire team to Florida for 'spring practice break"? I can just see the big trouble a bunch of players could get into on spring break in Florida. I can't imagine how it would not be some kind of recruiting issue as well. It seems there are so many rules and limits on contacts, etc. that this would be a real question mark. I realize these coaches are doing camps but that is not the same as taking your team on paid vacations to tropical places. Next we will be seeing coaches taking their teams on trips to China or wherever like John Cook does. That has to be a great recruiting tool; doesn't seem quite fair in recruiting such that some schools might cry foul?

So, you are saying if we send the football team to China, we can win another National Championship like volleyball? I'm game.
  • 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...