Return of EA Sports NCAA Football Series?

This was the page's first post since July 2014.

However, an EA Sports rep said, "No news, sorry to get your hopes up," via Polygon's Owen Good. The rep says the post is about Monday night's National Championship.

EA Sports wanted to continue the game, and it was willing to pay for the likenesses of players — thus, giving the players a cut — to do so. That would make the game even more authentic, as it could then include player names like NFL video games do, instead of just players' numbers. However, the NCAA did not allow it, as the association claims it would violate the ever-changing definition of amateurism.

The Facebook post wasn't made in error, an EA Sports source told SB Nation's James Brady, and EA still expects litigation to continue through 2017.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/11/10749480/ea-sports-ncaa-football-video-game-return-come-back

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope it returns, as well.

I have so many memories with this game and not just from playing it by myself. My cousins and I used to create players, start brand new teams/dynasties and stay up all night playing as many seasons we could cram in to one sleepover (usually at least a couple). Another buddy of mine and I also used to play this game a lot, and between the two of us, probably played something like 300-350 games on various versions of NCAA Football.

In many ways, NCAA Football was more than just a game but also a tradition.

• Fire 1

I have so many memories with this game and not just from playing it by myself. My cousins and I used to create players, start brand new teams/dynasties and stay up all night playing as many seasons we could cram in to one sleepover (usually at least a couple). Another buddy of mine and I also used to play this game a lot, and between the two of us, probably played something like 300-350 games on various versions of NCAA Football.

Yup, same. It was always my post preview magazine ramp up to the season. I'd usually finish them by the weekend of Independence Day, then start the new NCAA as media days ramped up.

I miss it. :(

• Fire 1

Exactly.... I grew up on the game. Often I would opt for the Cornhuskers in dynasty mode, but I always like taking smaller schools (Navy, Army, E. Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri St. were a few), and turning them into juggernauts over the years.... Good times

(Have I mentioned that I would crush all of you on the NCAA sticks?) :box:box

Here's hoping that until a new NCAA Football title is available...they allow the NCAA14 game on the 360 to be a Backwards Compatible title for the XB1. That right there would garner a lot of goodwill that would sustain until a new title can be created...

• Fire 1

Here's hoping that until a new NCAA Football title is available...they allow the NCAA14 game on the 360 to be a Backwards Compatible title for the XB1. That right there would garner a lot of goodwill that would sustain until a new title can be created...

Yup, I'd easily settle for that. Ive even considered rebuying a 360 to play again. Madden is just so bland...