Proposed Recruiting Changes

Eliminate signing day and make "offer and acceptance" a real thing. The rest of these changes are window dressing.

If we do that we never get a RG4. I have no problem with signing day. These kids are 17-18 they are very impressionable and can be swayed easily.

Not following that argument. If you're referring to him being committed before, then so be it. But with s true offer and acceptance, maybe he never commits. And in general, it would slow the whole process down and help every recruit understand where they really stand in the coaches' eyes and vice versa.

and the last thing I want is kids being swayed on a college decision by a last minute pitch.

Eliminate signing day and make "offer and acceptance" a real thing. The rest of these changes are window dressing.

If we do that we never get a RG4. I have no problem with signing day. These kids are 17-18 they are very impressionable and can be swayed easily.

Maybe, maybe not. If he knows he can change his mind, a "commitment" doesn't really mean that much. If he knows signing if final, maybe he doesn't "commit" to Purdue as early.

Generally, I think getting rid of NSD would benefit Nebraska if it's paired with earlier official visits.

Maybe, maybe not. If he knows he can change his mind, a "commitment" doesn't really mean that much. If he knows signing if final, maybe he doesn't "commit" to Purdue as early.

Generally, I think getting rid of NSD would benefit Nebraska if it's paired with earlier official visits.

Very much agree.

And (or at least) allow NU and other campuses that are far from major airports to use private planes (a prohibition that only went into place in the early 200s).

• 2 months later...

If the ban Satellite camps, I'll be really disappointed in the NCAA.

For as much complaining done by Coaches in these regions, at the end of the day, if it helps just one more football player get noticed and offered a full-ride scholarship, then isn't it worth it?

If it gives one more student-athlete an opportunity for a free education to improve their life, isn't it worth it?

ACC and SEC trying to stop the camps as they want to prohibit outside (think Northern and western) schools from coming into their territory to raid talent using camps as a way to evaluate and recruit and get to know players, coaches, parents, etc. The shoe could switch feet if some of the SEC schools start coming into Ohio or Michigan or Illinois to hold camps as well. Guest coaching clinics? What crazy fools would want to cut coaches out of making extra money. Now I do think that schools should consider whether they would allow their coaches to go 'work' at other schools when perhaps they should be concentrating on promoting and working at the place of employ. "Moonlighting' seems kind of pure greed when they are making huge salaries plus buckets of benefits already. For being coaches for pete sakes.