(2018) SF Edward Chang [San Diego State Commit]

7 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

Ed's recruitment has nothing to do with Arop. And say all you want about Mile and his recruiting but he ended up being right that the Arop kid needed a year of prep school. And in all honesty Ed would be a better fit for what Creighton does offensively. 

Is that because Creighton actually runs an offense?

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I agree that Arop needed a year in prep school (and that's where he is now).  I never said that he didn't.  It just seemed like about the time it came out that Miles wanted him to go to a prep school, Chang eliminated NU from his list of schools.  It may have been coincidence, but since I don't know either kid I have no idea.  That's why I said "I think".

What I do know is that I'm tired of NU basically never getting any of the good Nebraska HS players.

I didn't intend for my post to come off as being directed solely at you. But yes i do agree that Miles needs to start finding a way to get the gets out of the Metro that are BIG level players. I don't think any of the kids in Omaha think too highly of Nebraska. And it just seems like McDermott has a better relationship with coaches in the area. 

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Is that because Creighton actually runs an offense?

This would be a large part of it yes. And if you look at where Chang excels it's at shooting the ball. He's a stretch 4 at the next level and Creighton has had some pretty good luck with that position in the past. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

SDSU looks like a serious candidate to land Chang as well. What could've been with Allen Chang Arop and Wingett...

All those guys kind of blew up late and honestly who knew at the time they would look that good when they went elsewhere.

Nebraska wasnt the only one that is going 0'fer.. Creighton as well.

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

Timing seems a bit weird on this.

Either we got wind he wants to be here and we offered or we thought we had a chance and going last ditch effort for him?

Or we have a couple open spots left and decided we might as well offer the local guy.

• Mavric changed the title to (2018) SF Edward Chang [San Diego State Commit]