(2018) SF Edward Chang [San Diego State Commit]

What are your thoughts on Chang as a recruit now that this season is pretty much over?

I saw him play once in Grand Island a week or two ago.

I'm having the same feelings as when I saw Arop play. They are both good players. But, I'm having a hard time picturing their skills transitioning to a Big Ten team well. But, I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's their lack of bulk (size)???

Thoughts?

What are your thoughts on Chang as a recruit now that this season is pretty much over?

I saw him play once in Grand Island a week or two ago.

I'm having the same feelings as when I saw Arop play. They are both good players. But, I'm having a hard time picturing their skills transitioning to a Big Ten team well. But, I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's their lack of bulk (size)???

Thoughts?

I've not seen him play, but he is similar in size to Roby. Arop was shorter. If he is long and athletic, he can make up for bulk as he would be playing small forward.

Comparing the info in the OP of this thread for Chang and Roby's info on Huskermax, Roby is 34 lbs heavier and an inch taller.

Seeing Chang in person, that does not surprise me.

Now...take 34lbs off of Roby and you get an idea where I'm coming from.

Roby was 6'8" 185 lbs as a HS Sr., Chang is 6'7" 180. In fact, I seen an article that him listed as 6'9". I'd say that pretty close.

I would take this kid in a heartbeat. Good/great athleticism and can switch screens on everyone from a 2-5 on D. Plus a local kid that will strengthen ties in the Omaha area. This is the kind of kid that Creighton has gotten and turned into a productive player for a long time. Need to lock him up.

Couldn't agree more. Would hate to miss out on him and have him playing for them against us in a couple years.

I would take this kid in a heartbeat. Good/great athleticism and can switch screens on everyone from a 2-5 on D. Plus a local kid that will strengthen ties in the Omaha area. This is the kind of kid that Creighton has gotten and turned into a productive player for a long time. Need to lock him up.

This is almost the most important aspect of his recruitment. Nebraska needs to be more active in Omaha.

Also- one more thing to add:

I'm all for this team adding length. This kid is a legit 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan- are you kidding me?! I love Fuller's hustle and heart he brings but if you're going to give a guy like Fuller a scholarship I can't see how you ignore this home grown product. It can't be valued enough that his length allows him to switch all ball screens, makes it harder to run your stuff on offense. I don't know that he is really a proven, dynamic scorer and I would like to add another shooter in this class that can space the floor but if we were to add Chang all of a sudden you're looking at a really big, long team at almost every position (minus Watson).

Things we really need to add in the next two recruiting cycles:

1. Shooting

2. Size/Length

3. Additional ball handler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to (2018) SF Edward Chang [San Diego State Commit]