GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 1:30PM CT - BTN

EG42u7n.pngpICUawl.pngspgwoom.png
January 16, 2016
1:30pm CT - BTN
State Farm Center - Champaign, IL

Nebraska Cornhuskers 10-8, 2-3 (Last: 84-59 W vs Minnesota)
vs
Illinois Fighting Illini 9-8, 1-3 (Last: 84-70 W vs Purdue)

Big Ten Standings
Indiana 4-0, 14-3
Iowa 4-0, 14-3
Maryland 4-1, 15-2
Ohio State 4-1, 12-6
Michigan 3-1, 13-4
Michigan State 3-2, 16-2
Northwestern 3-2, 15-3
Purdue 3-2, 15-3
Nebraska 2-3, 10-8
Illinois 1-3, 9-8
Penn State 1-4, 10-8
Wisconsin 1-4, 9-9
Minnesota 0-5, 6-11
Rutgers 0-5, 6-12

Head Coaches
Nebraska Tim Miles (340-277, 57-57 at Nebraska)
Illinois John Groce (156-104, 70-50 at Illinois)

Injury Report
Nebraska
No injuries to report

Illinois
F - Leron Black - Knee - Out indefinitely
G - Tracy Abrams - Achilles - Out for season
F - Mike Thorne Jr - Knee - Out for season

Scouting Illinois
Under fourth-year Coach John Groce, Illinois is 9-8 on the season following a 84-70 win over No. 20 Purdue on Jan. 10. The win snapped a three-game losing streak to open Big Ten play for Illinois, which has been plagued by injuries during the year. as they missed three potential starters for long stretches of the year.

The Illini features a high-scoring combo of Malcolm Hill and Kendrick Nunn, as the pair accounts for nearly 37 points and over 11 rebounds per contest. Against Purdue, the pair combined for 52 points, including a 30-point, eight-rebound effort from Hill. An honorable-mention All-Big Ten pick in 2015, Hill has been in double figures in all 17 games, including a pair of 30-point efforts.

• Fire 1

Illini are -3.5

Let me give you my horrible breakdown of this terrible game...

It will be terrible. I am surprised this game is not on some public access station.

Poor you!!! I hope you aren't forced to watch the game.

I can't believe that NU would make you have to deal with this. Maybe a sleeping pill and then wakeup tomorrow so you don't have to deal with a terrible game.

Looks to me like a toss-up game (with a slight edge to Illinois because of home court).

These are the games the Huskers NEED to win in order to show progress, especially without them having the usual inside game presence that normally puts us in a hole right off the bat.

Win today and split the next two (at Sparty and at home vs Michigan and we will be close to pre-season projections with this group.

GBR

Illini are -3.5

It will be terrible. I am surprised this game is not on some public access station.

I can't believe that NU would make you have to deal with this. Maybe a sleeping pill and then wakeup tomorrow so you don't have to deal with a terrible game.

You seem to spend more time trolling other peoples posts then posting about the subject. You must have a terrible home life that pushes you to constantly try to troll others.

Illini are -3.5

You seem to spend more time trolling other peoples posts then posting about the subject. You must have a terrible home life that pushes you to constantly try to troll others.

It's funny that you would post such a thing - based on your posting history. If you look at my post I have a mix of mostly positive comments with info to backup my feelings, some negative comments with backup and then a good amount of replying to post that are mostly negative with no valuable information to back it up. The amount of negative post that seem to look like they come from individuals that could not possibly be fans with their outlook on NU is comical at times. If they truly are fans and the outlook is so poor - I feel sorry for them.... If being positive most of the time leads you to believe that I have a TERRIBLE home life - I guess all I can say is that's your opinion.

Illini are -3.5

The mocking tone is getting really old.

Just because people have complaints doesn't mean they aren't fans.

Telling people they shouldn't watch the game is the same as telling people to ignore posts from certain posters if they don't like what they're saying.

Plenty of room for discussion without constantly resorting to this.

Illini are -3.5

It's funny that you would post such a thing - based on your posting history. If you look at my post I have a mix of mostly positive comments with info to backup my feelings, some negative comments with backup and then a good amount of replying to post that are mostly negative with no valuable information to back it up. The amount of negative post that seem to look like they come from individuals that could not possibly be fans with their outlook on NU is comical at times. If they truly are fans and the outlook is so poor - I feel sorry for them.... If being positive most of the time leads you to believe that I have a TERRIBLE home life - I guess all I can say is that's your opinion.

My posting history? You mean not being happy about how things have gone? You think that is trolling?

I have also backed up my feelings with facts! This post makes it very clear what you think, and that is anyone who doesn't post happy thoughts about basketball you call a bad fan.

A large number of your posts are pointed at the poster, and the tone is usually how bad of a fan they are because they dare to post negative comments.

I have asked you to back up some of your thoughts, but you just disappear. Like the comment about how Miles has turned every program he has been at around.. I asked if you would like to discuss this but you disappeared.

and to the bold.. not what i said, but good job in trying to turn it around.