Davis Twins on Track Team

Mavric

The twins could be the missing piece we need. Are they expected to be our two interior defensive lineman? I thought I read a while back that one of them is more suited on the edge.

At least one if not both COULD play DE. But I think they'll both play DT.

Williams and Maurice will start this year but I'd think these two would be next.

I know McMullen-to-DT is trending but I actually hope he stays at DE. He was much more effective as the season went on and we're short at DE the way it is. I'd rather get these two in the mix at DT and not look back.

The twins could be the missing piece we need. Are they expected to be our two interior defensive lineman? I thought I read a while back that one of them is more suited on the edge.

Williams and Maurice will start this year but I'd think these two would be next.

I know McMullen-to-DT is trending but I actually hope he stays at DE. He was much more effective as the season went on and we're short at DE the way it is. I'd rather get these two in the mix at DT and not look back.

Wasn't a big fan of moving McMullen to the inside which might explain the drop off in his stats. He showed flashes of what he could do at DE under Pelini in 2014. I agree, from what the eye can see, he's much better on the edge. I didn't know a lot about the Davis twins until recently but the compliments from Maliek Collins can mean nothing but good things. Hopefully they become a strength quickly. Excluding Suh and Crick, its been a while since Nebraska had two studs in the middle on the defensive line. Even that tandem seems like such a long time ago.

Yeah, we have a need at DT. But I'd sure like to see what they could do at DE. Just think of how effective their strength and agility would be on the edge. Would be tough to block.

• 3 weeks later...

McMullen did look really good by the end of the year, but I agree it probably wouldn't kill him to drop about 15 lbs of bad weight.

Just as he did the previous season (end of year). What I saw from #55 Maurice was often encouraging. High motor, disruptive and looked the part of a physical DT. Hope he stays healthy, could be a special year for him.

• 3 months later...