How do we go DANCING ?

Comish

It is my singular (and probably uniformed) belief that in order to make the post season, we need to finish at least .500 in the Big Ten.

We are at 3-3 now with 12 games to play.

How do we get 6 more wins?

My best guess at the schedule:

At Sparty (probable loss)

Michigan at home (toss-up)

Twice vs. Purdue (probably 2 losses mainly because of post match-up issues…multiple 7 footers)

Maryland at home (probable loss…way too much athleticism…but Miles has a history of pulling at least 1 biggie upset)

Rutgers at home (win)

At Wisconsin (toss up)

Twice with Penn St (probably two wins… MUST wins)

At Indiana (probable loss)

Ohio St at home (toss up)

At Northwestern (toss up)

So that conjures up a guess of:

5 losses

3 wins

4 toss ups

So IF things hold to form (admittedly doubtful to begin with)

The post season hinges on winning 3 of the remaining 4: 2 roadies at Wisconsin and Northwestern and 2 at home vs. Michigan and Ohio St.

Fwiw…….

here is my prediction of the coming games... This is based on how Tim's teams have performed, so if this team continues to play, against considerably tougher competition, like the last 3 games, they will prove me wrong..

MSU - L

Michigan - L

Purdue - L

Maryland - L

Rutgers - W

Wisconsin - W

Penn State - W

Indiana - L

OSU - L

Penn State - L

Purdue - L

NorthWestern - W

that is a 4-9 record. There could be a swap of a W and an L between teams, but I think the end record will be 4-9

It is my singular (and probably uniformed) belief that in order to make the post season, we need to finish at least .500 in the Big Ten.

We are at 3-3 now with 12 games to play.

How do we get 6 more wins?

My best guess at the schedule:

At Sparty (probable loss)

Michigan at home (toss-up)

Twice vs. Purdue (probably 2 losses mainly because of post match-up issues…multiple 7 footers)

Maryland at home (probable loss…way too much athleticism…but Miles has a history of pulling at least 1 biggie upset)

Rutgers at home (win)

At Wisconsin (toss up)

Twice with Penn St (probably two wins… MUST wins)

At Indiana (probable loss)

Ohio St at home (toss up)

At Northwestern (toss up)

So that conjures up a guess of:

5 losses

3 wins

4 toss ups

So IF things hold to form (admittedly doubtful to begin with)

The post season hinges on winning 3 of the remaining 4: 2 roadies at Wisconsin and Northwestern and 2 at home vs. Michigan and Ohio St.

Fwiw…….

To the bold. no more and no less than the rest of us. :)

Our non-conf was pretty bad.. no big wins and a couple of ugly loses in there.

I think we need to finish 5-6th in the B1G to even sniff the tourney. Last year it took 11 wins to finish 6th(Ohio State)

Bad losses in non-conf: Creighton, Samford.

12 games left. I think if we can go 7-5(10-8 in B1G) 18-13 overall.

When we went dancing 2 years ago we were 19-13(11-7)

Three in a row is nice. The team should take this one game at a time. Lot of work to do. Dance discussion is premature.

Need to vehemently disagree with this........it's never to early to look at the ultimate goal.

The goal of every team is to make the tourney.........and that starts even before the season begins.

Miles stated at his opening presser that his immediate goal was to remove us from the dwindling list of teams that have NEVER won a tourney game.

In the book chronicling Mile's journey to Nebraska, a number of pages are devoted to how the schedule is ultimately constructed JUST for the purpose of getting there by setting up enough wins balanced by a strong enough SOS to give you a chance to earn it through the conference grind.

If it's a major emphasis for the coaches, it's certainly open fodder for the fans as well.

• Fire 1

Well we got one top 50 rpi win on the ROAD and our RPI moved 20 plus spots. This at least allows us fans to hope for a little while longer as it looked impossible 3 weeks ago. It's not necessarily the amount of wins especially with a down big 10 we have to get our RPI moving up significantly which kind of goes hand in hand with who you win and lose to. We are at the point where who we beat and lose the remainder of the season is very important. Now that we got a big win we can't afford any more bad losses so psu and Rutgers, Minnesota are huge.

I think if they finish 18-13 in the manner below they will have to get to the big ten championship game. If they could turn the ohio state loss to a win then I think it dramatically changed things even though it's just one game. I think they would only need one win in the big ten tourney to dance. Get through these. Next three and they could make a serious run

MSU - W

Michigan - W

Purdue - L

Maryland - L

Rutgers - W

Wisconsin - W

Penn State - W

Indiana - L

OSU - L

Penn State - W

Purdue - L

NorthWestern - W

Well we got one top 50 rpi win on the ROAD and our RPI moved 20 plus spots. This at least allows us fans to hope for a little while longer as it looked impossible 3 weeks ago. It's not necessarily the amount of wins especially with a down big 10 we have to get our RPI moving up significantly which kind of goes hand in hand with who you win and lose to. We are at the point where who we beat and lose the remainder of the season is very important. Now that we got a big win we can't afford any more bad losses so psu and Rutgers, Minnesota are huge.

I think if they finish 18-13 in the manner below they will have to get to the big ten championship game. If they could turn the ohio state loss to a win then I think it dramatically changed things even though it's just one game. I think they would only need one win in the big ten tourney to dance. Get through these. Next three and they could make a serious run

MSU - W

Michigan - W

Purdue - L

Maryland - L

Rutgers - W

Wisconsin - W

Penn State - W

Indiana - L

OSU - L

Penn State - W

Purdue - L

NorthWestern - W

My guess is we need to get to 19 wins before conference play, upset Maryland and then Purdue once, no bad losses, and then get 2-3 conference tourney wins. I'd put my money on the "don't pass" line but we could again earn our way with a hot streak like 2 seasons ago. I'm just glad to see this season turned around, it was pretty bleak 3 weeks ago