TE Cade Otton [Washington - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the grandson of a legend. Sid Otton is one of the states best high school football coaches in WA, who also coached my high school football team's head coach, and has won 4-5 state titles. I don't know if it's his dad or uncle, but Brad Otton was a starting QB for USC in the mid 90s. This kid comes from a football family.

Tumwater was a school that attended the OSU summer team camps that Riley held, I would be confident to say NU staff has a good relationship with the family and probably have had this kid on their radar for some time now.

Edit: Brad Otton is his uncle. Brad was the starting QB at USC in '95-'96, he was teammates of Keyshawn Sr and also played for Mike Riley.

• 3 months later...

One hell of an athlete. Last years stats...

TE- 26 rec, 500 yds, 9 TDs

MLB- 138 tackles, 105 solo, 12 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 TD

2A All-State 1st Team TE and MLB

Plays on the basketball team and has a 3.94 GPA. Visiting Oregon on the 30th.

Edit- Misread the visit date. Visited Oregon on April 30th.

• Fire 1

From Husker Journal:

JUNE 3 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

CADE OTTON , TE, 6-5, 225, TUMWATER, WASHINGTON

Cade Otton is an uprising prospect in the Pacific Northwest. Cade’s father Tim is an assistant coach at Waterford and explains in detail of his son’s recruitment. Nebraska and Oregon State are the notable offers so far but it seems more can be on its way.

Coach Otton was asked if Cade has narrowed his college choices down.

“Not really, we are still in the mode trying to find out what’s going to be the best fit for him. We’re rushing up that way (Nebraska) about June 10th for the Big Red Weekend. Spend some time with the coaching staff to see the facilities, the school and academics. All that good stuff.” Otton said

“He’s had quite of bit of contact (with Nebraska). They came out here to visit during the evaluation period. Coach (Danny) Langsdorf did talk to us quite a bit.” Otton said

Riley longtime family friend.

“We’ve known Coach (Mike) Riley for a long time. My brother (Brad) played for him at USC, when he was the offense coordinator there. When he was at Oregon State we use to take team camps there. We have a lot of respect for him (Riley) as a coach, as a player.” Otton said

“He’s (Riley) super sincere. You don’t feel like you’re getting anything but the truth from him. Just a great guy, very personable. Just felt comfortable first time we ever talked to him. You always feel good having your kid play for a guy like that.” Otton said

“If I had to guess it would be.” Coach Otton reaffirms Cade will be tried at tight end in college. “He’s long and athletic and has really, really good hands. He doesn’t mind putting his hands on the ground and blocking people. So he’s kind of a hard noise kid. Plays middle linebacker for us as well.”

“He’s been to Oregon State a couple of times, he’s been to Washington. We’re going down to Southern California (USC) towards the end of the month.”

“We really liked Oregon State. We really liked the coaching staff there, Coach (Gary) Anderson is a good man and helped develop a relationship as well. They are definitely doing a lot of good stuff that they need to do far as up grading the facilities to keep up with everyone. When we there it was like kind of down to earth you know Blue Collar type of program.” Otton said

“They’re a very good program.” Otton says about the Washington Huskies program, “They are on the rise. We like the ways they do things up there and it’s close. So you can sneak up for a practice. We are about an hour south depending on traffic.”

“We went to a couple (games) last year. I think Cade went to three. It’s pretty noisy in there and then it’s right on Lake Washington – it’s very pretty.”

“I’m not really sure.” When asked if USC will offer during the visit later in the month. “They talk enough about Cade to come up and visit during the evaluation period. The thing for him is go down for camp and see him in person and kind of get a feel how he moves and how he can compete with some of the better athletes down there.” Otton said

Decision time.

“I don’t think he has decided yet. I think he wants to take his time make sure he makes the right decision. I assume he will take some official visits. I don’t think he’s in a hurry to make a decision right now, but that could change through the process this summer. Having a feeling where he wants to be. We are kind of leaving that up to him to make the best choice he can make.”

cornhead.gif

Looking good for us IMO

So you've heard the story, perhaps 1,000 times, about former USC and NFL wideout Keyshawn Johnson catching passes for then-Trojan coordinator Mike Riley, who's now Nebraska's head coach and has Keyshawn Johnson Jr. in the fold for the 2017 recruiting class.

The USC quarterback primarily throwing the ball to Johnson during that 1995 Rose Bowl season was Brad Otton. His dad, Sid Otton is the head football coach at Olympia (Washington) Tumwater High School, where his grandson, Cade Otton, is a 6-foot-5, 223-pound tight end prospect who is visiting Nebraska this weekend.

Sid will make the trip, and, in doing so, see Mike Riley again. He's known Riley for more than 50 years.

That's because Mike Riley's dad, Bud Riley, was Sid Otton's high school coach.

Sid Otton first met Mike Riley as an 8-year-old ballboy working with his dad.

"Mike's dad always had a passion for the game, and Mike has the same thing," Sid Otton said Wednesday night. "I think the world of Mike."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-nebraska-tight-end-target-cade-otton-has-deep-family/article_4bc507c6-2dfc-11e6-8874-37ddcd8e0030.html

• Fire 1

Looking good for us IMO

So you've heard the story, perhaps 1,000 times, about former USC and NFL wideout Keyshawn Johnson catching passes for then-Trojan coordinator Mike Riley, who's now Nebraska's head coach and has Keyshawn Johnson Jr. in the fold for the 2017 recruiting class.

The USC quarterback primarily throwing the ball to Johnson during that 1995 Rose Bowl season was Brad Otton. His dad, Sid Otton is the head football coach at Olympia (Washington) Tumwater High School, where his grandson, Cade Otton, is a 6-foot-5, 223-pound tight end prospect who is visiting Nebraska this weekend.

Sid will make the trip, and, in doing so, see Mike Riley again. He's known Riley for more than 50 years.

That's because Mike Riley's dad, Bud Riley, was Sid Otton's high school coach.

Sid Otton first met Mike Riley as an 8-year-old ballboy working with his dad.

"Mike's dad always had a passion for the game, and Mike has the same thing," Sid Otton said Wednesday night. "I think the world of Mike."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-nebraska-tight-end-target-cade-otton-has-deep-family/article_4bc507c6-2dfc-11e6-8874-37ddcd8e0030.html

So, he's also got the family element, like the Cottons. Hopefully he can be a better TE than Ben and Sam; since his name and the family element are slightly different.