Recruiting HS Coaches Question

Does anyone know if it's allowed or if we do anything to sell our program to big time HS coaches to try and help get them interested in our program?

Meaning: invite them to Nebraska to visit our facilities, campus, etc.

Maybe we already do stuff like this, but It would help I believe. More connections you have with HS coaches, the better.

Pretty sure its allowed I mean we aren't paying players so I don't see anything wrong with that. Get the support staff and Mike to get out and build relationships around the state, mostly central and east Nebraska is where they are building them I assume. It would be nice if they could go get relationships with the big time HS coaches in Texas, California, Florida and that can help influence the big time recruits to come here. That will make us successful though because those are the most important states and we still need to protect the 500 mile radius and our state as well.

I know the coaches hold clinics for other coaches in state for them to tweak their abilities. And I BP used to hold one the week of the bowl game in the state the game was played to help build relationships with out of state schools. My neighbor is the head baseball coach for a high school in Des Moines and they other day he told me that he called the university about bringing his boys to a husker game and tour. DE sat in the confrence room during the tour and talked and answered any question that they had.

You just have to sign up and get there...I know some of my high school coaches would go down to the coaches clinic held in Lincoln.

I have thought about making the trip down there as well...it would be a double bonus...tour the facilities of the team I love and learn more football!

That's not really the same thing I'm talking about.

I'm talking about seeking out those highly rated HS coaches, not just hosting a clinic and bringing in whoever shows up. That's good too, but let's be honest, big time HS coaches from west coast and Florida aren't coming to those very often.