Season Ticket Prices Announced

Mavric

Wow, the faculty doesn't get much of a break!

Other than I would guess they don't have to make a donation on top of the ticket price which is a pretty nice break.

Yea faculty don't pay donation and have pretty decent seats (sections 1-4) in east stadium. I know because my dad worked for university system and doesn't have to do donation.

Kind of surprised there are that many seats reserved for faculty. 47 rows times ... what ... 25 seats per row times 4 sections. That's about 4,700 tickets.

Usually each faculty member gets two tickets, so divide that by 2 and it's a little more manageable. I sit in section 2 with my dad, who's a faculty member, but there's plenty of non-faculty members around us.

Kind of surprised there are that many seats reserved for faculty. 47 rows times ... what ... 25 seats per row times 4 sections. That's about 4,700 tickets.

Usually each faculty member gets two tickets, so divide that by 2 and it's a little more manageable. I sit in section 2 with my dad, who's a faculty member, but there's plenty of non-faculty members around us.

Interesting. Any idea how many faculty the University employs?

Do you think it is mostly faculty there or are they selling the tickets?

US College News says that there is a 21:1 of student to faculty ratio. With a enrollment of 25,000 that would only put the faculty population at approximately 2,000. Obviously that could be off, or maybe they don't count administrators, secretaries, etc. They might only be calculating the professors. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-nebraska-2565

From what I've gathered there's three possibilities.

1) Faculty members that buy seats and attend every game.

2) Faculty members that buy seats and then sell their tickets to make a slight profit. I know professors personally that do this from year to year.

3) There's a possibility that if not all the faculty seats are bought, that they might then be opened to the general public for purchase. I don't know if this is actually true, or even done at UNL, but I could definitely see it as a possibility.

• Fire 2

US College News says that there is a 21:1 of student to faculty ratio. With a enrollment of 25,000 that would only put the faculty population at approximately 2,000. Obviously that could be off, or maybe they don't count administrators, secretaries, etc. They might only be calculating the professors. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-nebraska-2565

From what I've gathered there's three possibilities.

1) Faculty members that buy seats and attend every game.

2) Faculty members that buy seats and then sell their tickets to make a slight profit. I know professors personally that do this from year to year.

3) There's a possibility that if not all the faculty seats are bought, that they might then be opened to the general public for purchase. I don't know if this is actually true, or even done at UNL, but I could definitely see it as a possibility.

I know employees get tickets. I had a former student whose Mom worked for a UNL extension office in the middle of Nebraska and she got 2 tickets.