Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

Different format from years past. Practice will start on Saturday, March 5. They will practice on a Tuesday, Thursday Saturday schedule. It's been Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday for quite some time. Thus, the practices will be spread over five weeks instead of four leading up to the Spring Game on April 16.

Ccjr5BbUYAEt-U1.jpg

• Fire 3

Different format from years past. Practice will start on Saturday, March 5. They will practice on a Tuesday, Thursday Saturday schedule. It's been Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday for quite some time. Thus, the practices will be spread over five weeks instead of four leading up to the Spring Game on April 16.

Kind of like longer spring. Give the guys time to put in work outside of practices and see who is putting in that time. What i like to call Prove It periods.

If they had a couple more weeks to spread things out would be even better. The closer one gets to year 'round football, the better and faster the development will be. Long idle periods makes the rust develop and then requires catch up. I think school is the same way. Yes, a period of rest is needed no doubt. But, requiring the players to practice on their own for months on end is foolish and counter productive. Physical fitness and skill development is almost always going to be safer, faster, better when under the watchful eye and instruction of professional coaches. I really don't see the reasoning behind the entire mentality of 'seasons' and so that NCAA rules make it so difficult for athletes to be athletic. Training for the Olympics, professional sports participation, etc. is certainly year round as well. Gymnasts must work almost non-stop or lose their skills and risk injury, etc. if they stop for more than a few weeks, etc. Limiting football to about half the year effectively is nonsense.

If they had a couple more weeks to spread things out would be even better. The closer one gets to year 'round football, the better and faster the development will be. Long idle periods makes the rust develop and then requires catch up. I think school is the same way. Yes, a period of rest is needed no doubt. But, requiring the players to practice on their own for months on end is foolish and counter productive. Physical fitness and skill development is almost always going to be safer, faster, better when under the watchful eye and instruction of professional coaches. I really don't see the reasoning behind the entire mentality of 'seasons' and so that NCAA rules make it so difficult for athletes to be athletic. Training for the Olympics, professional sports participation, etc. is certainly year round as well. Gymnasts must work almost non-stop or lose their skills and risk injury, etc. if they stop for more than a few weeks, etc. Limiting football to about half the year effectively is nonsense.

its the same for everyone, the playing field is level.........why make this more and more like the NFL, let these kids have a life!

Football players usually have a heavier class schedule in the spring when their time isn't completely consumed by football. For a lot of the players, the spring is the only time they can enroll in many of their required classes. Coaches are more lenient for players missing practices for a class in the spring as well. They are also allowed to train with the strength coaches in the off season so it's not like they are on their own or with someone who isn't a professional.

Stewart also said that Avery Anderson would be moving to safety. Eric Lee will remain at corner.

Cavanaugh said Christian Gaylord, “really needs to have a strong offseason.”
Cavanaugh said center Michael Decker has had a really strong offseason.

I think that may be code for step up we need you to be playing soon. I hope that is the case.

Stewart also said that Avery Anderson would be moving to safety. Eric Lee will remain at corner.

I think that may be code for step up we need you to be playing soon. I hope that is the case.

Thought that he was a pretty big recruit :dunno

I'm thinking that it means he ain't nearly ready. (or has been disappointing thus far)

Thought that he was a pretty big recruit :dunno

I'm thinking that it means he ain't nearly ready. (or has been disappointing thus far)

I think that is true that he isn't nearly ready, but I hope he hasn't been a dissapointment. I know his mom and dad and am really rooting for him.