Discussion About Recruiting, Measurables and Other Misc. Topics That Don't Belong in Miller's Thread

Who here ever said they would prefer a 3* that is undersized and slow over a 4* that is big and fast? NOBODY. 6'3 245 is fine for a senior in hs and he won't be needed to play this year so he focus on adding weight. Our biggest need from last year was a good pass rushing d end. That's what he is.

It's the whole "star" debate thing. Many argue that "stars don't matter", since, you know, most of our recruits are 3*. Well, often times, the difference between the 4 and 3* guys is that the former is bigger and faster. I've had fans argue me all day that a 4.7 40 in an RB or WR or CB is "just fine". I just have to push back, I guess.

Rex Burkhead says hello

Did Rex ever out run anybody? Not so much.

So you saying Rex wasn't a great back?

Probably not. I'd said he is very good. The knee injury seemed to have dampened his potential. Still 2nd or 3rd stringer @ Cinci. So no, not "great".

So Tommy Frazier must not have been a good QB since he didn't do anything in the NFL

I see you're just going to twist this thing all over the place and throw up straw man arguments. Rex was not "great", he was very good. I predict Collin may become good but not great--and he's too small for DE, would be better @ LB. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rex will go down as being a great running back, not elite but great.

He's the definition of NU football as a lunch pail worker

Nebraska will never get the biggest, strongest and fastest players. So when you say we need a Joey Bosa or Leonard Williams that's just not obtainable that's what people are trying to get you to understand.

Does this mean you are throwing in the towel? Suh, Gregory? We can do this!

Well Gregory only had 11 tackles this year he isn't "Great"....that's by your logic isn't it?

No one is throwing in the Towel......The Ohio States and USCs are getting these types of players every single year while Nebraska gets a 5 star maybe once every 6 years?

There is an upper echelon of schools that recruit and then there's everyone else....and Nebraska will most likely never be in the upper echelon year in and year out

Gregory was a rookie, not bad for a rookie. Didn't he play behind 6'5", 279 lb Greg Hardy? I think Gregory needs more wgt, but doesn't seem to be able to gain any more.

My idea of great RBs: Gale Sayers, O.J. Simpson, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Dupree, Joe Washington, Marcus Allen,Mike Rozier, Lawrence Phillps, Ricky Williams, Leonard Fournette, Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, Maurice Clarette, Eddy George, Archie Griffith, Barry Sanders.......Rex Burkhead. Er, last one doesn't fit, sorry. Ameer will go down in Husker lore rated above Rex. Not down on Rex, I like Rex, just being real.

Here's the deal, there is no reason why NE can't get more 4* recruits, in fact, it is imperative that we do, otherwise we'll continue on in "also ran" purgatory. If a team like Sparty can get double digits in 4* recruits, no reason why NE can't, in fact, given our tradition, we should have an advantage over Sparty,( and IA, and Wiscy). They've just been winning more, lately. I'm not even saying we need to get a 5* guy since they are fairly rare. If we land a legit 5*, we all the better. Aaron Green, BTW, was in no way shape or form a 5* player, and I'm not even that impressed at what he's done at TCU, he's low/mid 3* at best, IMO.

You win.........NU should have hired you....you clearly have in the insight and knowledge to take us back to the promise land

Not sure they can afford me ;).

Lost another one out of our territory, to bad ol' Clemson:

DE
Wichita, KSWichita East
6'4"
4 stars

Why the hate?

You Dabo-ites are stealin' from our territory, yo! Plus, you beat us back in '81!