Discussion About Recruiting, Measurables and Other Misc. Topics That Don't Belong in Miller's Thread

I still don't have any issue with his size. He's 6'3 245. If he can get to 260-270, that's enough size. I don't like it when the DE's are 280+, because I would rather have fast DE's, chasing down the QB. Yes, O-linemen are getting bigger, but against the run, most DE's are asked to hold their ground and occupy blocker(s) and free up the LB's and safeties to make the tackles.

So you prefer this guy over Joey Bosa, is that what you're saying? Me, I take Joey Bosa every time. SMU had a DE a few years back, German kid, 6'6" 280, could fly, best DE I'd seen in a long time. Pretty sure he's in the pros now.

I dunno, I prefer big fast strong guys at all positions, but some fans seem to prefer smaller, slower guys. Strange.

McMullen 280

If McMullen is 280, I'm 180.

6'3" 280 lbs
Position: Defensive End
Year: Jr.
Hometown: Akron, Ohio (Hoban)

Greg McMullen was a slow, worthless pass rusher at DE last year. Also, he was listed at 280, but looked at least 300 lbs.

GM is still fairly slow and not a great pass rusher, but he's a pretty good bull rusher and sets the edge pretty well, decent agin' the run.

I still don't have any issue with his size. He's 6'3 245. If he can get to 260-270, that's enough size. I don't like it when the DE's are 280+, because I would rather have fast DE's, chasing down the QB. Yes, O-linemen are getting bigger, but against the run, most DE's are asked to hold their ground and occupy blocker(s) and free up the LB's and safeties to make the tackles.

So you prefer this guy over Joey Bosa, is that what you're saying? Me, I take Joey Bosa every time. SMU had a DE a few years back, German kid, 6'6" 280, could fly, best DE I'd seen in a long time. Pretty sure he's in the pros now.

I dunno, I prefer big fast strong guys at all positions, but some fans seem to prefer smaller, slower guys. Strange.

Obviously I would prefer Joey Bosa. I agree that I would love a big, fast dude. But, to say this guy is "too small" to play DE is mis-guided. Now, his overall skill-set may not make him a great DE, but you can't just look at his size.

Obviously I would prefer Joey Bosa. I agree that I would love a big, fast dude. But, to say this guy is "too small" to play DE is mis-guided. Now, his overall skill-set may not make him a great DE, but you can't just look at his size.

Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Trev Alberts. I'm just reacting to his listing @ 230, but now everybody says he's 245. No major offers, but alot of Bowling Green level schools wanted him.

If I were coach, I'm looking for a DE preferably 6'5", 6'6" and at least 250 for starters. It can take some of these guys 1-2 years to eat enough pizza and burgers put on the 20-30 lbs if need be. Joey's bro Nick is coming in @ 6'4" 255 out of the gate, 5*s. tOSU has landed several 4 and 5* DEs over the last few years.

Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Trev Alberts. I'm just reacting to his listing @ 230, but now everybody says he's 245. Still, if I were coach, I'm looking for a DE preferably 6'5", 6'6" and at least 250 for starters. It can take some of these guys 1-2 years to put on the 20-30 lbs if need be. Joey's bro Nick is coming in @ 6'4" 255 out of the gate, 5*s. tOSU has landed several 4 and 5* DEs over the last few years.

Just imagine how good Miller could be if he was 1 inch taller and 10 pounds heavier.

• Fire 1

Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Trev Alberts. I'm just reacting to his listing @ 230, but now everybody says he's 245. Still, if I were coach, I'm looking for a DE preferably 6'5", 6'6" and at least 250 for starters. It can take some of these guys 1-2 years to put on the 20-30 lbs if need be. Joey's bro Nick is coming in @ 6'4" 255 out of the gate, 5*s. tOSU has landed several 4 and 5* DEs over the last few years.

Just imagine how good Miller could be if he was 1 inch taller and 10 pounds heavier.

We snagged from the clutches of ILL St, I'm sure he'll be just fine.

So you prefer this guy over Joey Bosa, is that what you're saying?

WTF are you talking about? I didn't know it was an either/or between Miller and Bosa.

Hey, there are Joey Bosa's out there just growing on trees. Educate yourself. Every DE in college football on every team should be exactly like Joey Bosa. He's only gonna be a top 2 draft pick if he's lucky.

That's the main reason why one would want the bigger size, right? Seriously, the "new normal" linemen these days is ~300lb, ripped, athletic, and can run, like that Nkemdiche guy. That's the way it's going as far as I can tell--if you want to be a contender, that is. Leonard Williams, 6'5", 291, remember him?