Q&A with QB Tanner Lee: "It was hard to tell LSU no."

zoogs

LSU doesn't seem to develop their QBs so well. And we have the QB Whisperer.

It is unbelievable how bad LSU has been on offense with the talent they've had.

In 2013 they had Zach Mettenberger at QB, Jeremy Hill at RB and Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry at WR. They were #36 in the country in total offense.

Its because les miles really isnt that great of a coach. When thrme SEC started spreading out and developing qb play, LSU quickly became pretty mediocre when they couldnt win games 16-10 anymore and found themselves needing to consistently score. Les is good coach. Not great. He has boatloads of talent but his unorganized and -for whatever reason, admired-erratic coaching style has wasted a lot of it.

"I spent some time watching film with Coach Langsdorf during my visit and all that concepts were the same. Obviously different terminology, however the play calls and protections were more organized and simple. Which is great for being successful in a college football offense."

I found this interesting. Yet the current QB has had ups and downs... :(

Maybe a 2nd year in the system and being a 4th year a starter will help? Can only hope the success will come before it's too late.

"I spent some time watching film with Coach Langsdorf during my visit and all that concepts were the same. Obviously different terminology, however the play calls and protections were more organized and simple. Which is great for being successful in a college football offense."

Maybe a 2nd year in the system and being a 4th year a starter will help? Can only hope the success will come before it's too late.

I think the problem is with TA. He seems to have all the knowledge & physical gifts to be a really good QB, but its like he cannot get the game to slow down in his head. I also think trying to get some of the old habits from the last coaching staff out of his head will take time. Beck was all about attacking the defense. Langsdorf is about being patient & finding the open guy.

I think the problem is with TA. He seems to have all the knowledge & physical gifts to be a really good QB, but its like he cannot get the game to slow down in his head. I also think trying to get some of the old habits from the last coaching staff out of his head will take time. Beck was all about attacking the defense. Langsdorf is about being patient & finding the open guy.

:yeah Tries to do too much, goes for the home run too much, struggles in the short passing game. I think they should continue the blueprint they used in the UCLA game: run run run, some zone read, and use TA sparingly in the passing game. TA is great in the zone read, so exploit it! Somehow, they have to get it into his head to not airmail those lame ducks, the INTs have cost us games.

It is unbelievable how bad LSU has been on offense with the talent they've had.

In 2013 they had Zach Mettenberger at QB, Jeremy Hill at RB and Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry at WR. They were #36 in the country in total offense.

BUT BUT BUT BUT THEY HAVE THE MAD HATTER!

LSU has a lot of talent year in and year out and yet dont seem to have the right talent or talent that meshes together.