What level of "infractions" would you be okay with?

I love stories, posts and books about cheating in college football. I find them really to be very interesting for a lot of different reasons.

As a fan, what level of cheating would you be okay with when it comes to "your team"

Money under the table?

Offering jobs to coaches

Offering jobs to family members

Strippers and more (wink wink)

Grade fixing

ACT/SAT manipulation (seems to be a bigger issue in college basketball)

Free Dinners

"Free" cars to roll around in on campus

Nice apartments?

No cheating at all?

• Fire 1

I'll bite and pick an evil.... I will say money under the table.

If a coach sees a player in need and gives him a few bucks or pays a bill or something... that's a violation, but it's hard for me to care too much.

Of course, I would be pissed when the NCAA came down and leveled a penalty.

Personally, none. However, I have always felt there are much smaller, relatively minor NCAA infractions that were a bit much. The Eric Crouch sandwich story is fairly infamous. A few years back, there was also a report of a women's basketball player getting fined something like $20 for washing her car on campus. Apparently, that water was deemed not accessible to other students on campus and she was fined.

:facepalm:

• Fire 1

Sadly, the only one that I cringed at was the grade fixing.

I still try to pretend the student part of student-athlete is what should matter more, and that football at a learning institution should still be viewed as an extra-curricular activity. However, I know the realities, and I've been disillusioned for some time mainly due to recruiting. Sure, I'd love for NU to win it all doing it the "right way" so we can all thumb are noses in others' directions (mostly SEC). But, the deck is unfairly stacked against us, yet the powers that can make it fair don't actually seem to care that NU (and probably others) are treated unfairly with certain recruiting rules and the purposeful looking the other way when programs, already having advantages, damn near openly buy players.

If NU won using some of the same underhanded tactics of other schools, most won't care. You'll have a few internet posters/bloggers who'll try to throw dirt similar to NU/OU being called out for steroids in the '80s. None of it seemed to tarnish the programs accomplishments then, just like the cheating going on today hasn't tarnished the accomplishments of any other currently successful program/conference.

I don't want to see anything that was done intentionally. I understand mistakes, but I don't want to see anything that was done on purpose. I am also perfectly fine with our past infraction when we gave student athletes the "improper benefit" of optional textbooks. It's pretty ridiculous that a school can get in trouble for giving kids too many textbooks.

• Fire 1