GT: Rutgers at Nebraska - 1PM CT - ESPNU

zZ8Ef7U.pngpICUawl.pngEG42u7n.png
February 6, 2016
1pm CT - ESPNU
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Rutgers Scarlet Knights 6-17, 0-10 (Last: 110-101 L vs Illinois)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 12-11, 4-6 (Last: 70-65 L vs Maryland)

Big Ten Standings
Indiana 9-1, 19-4
Iowa 9-1, 18-4
Maryland 9-2, 20-3
Purdue 7-3, 19-4
Michigan 7-3, 17-6
Michigan State 6-4, 19-4
Wisconsin 6-4, 14-9
Ohio State 6-5, 14-10
Nebraska 4-6, 12-11
Northwestern 4-7, 16-8
Illinois 3-7, 11-12
Penn State 2-8, 11-12
Rutgers 0-10, 6-17
Minnesota 0-11, 6-17

Head Coaches
Rutgers Eddie Jordan (28-59 at Rutgers)
Nebraska Tim Miles (342-280, 59-60 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Rutgers
C - Shquille Doorson - Foot - Out indefinitely
F - Ibrahima Diallo - Foot - Out indefinitely
F - DeShawn Freeman - Knee - Out indefinitely

Nebraska
No injuries to report

Scouting Rutgers
Rutgers enters Saturday’s game with a 6-17 record after falling in triple overtime to Illinois. The Scarlet Knights led by 12 in the first half and led for most of the game before Illinois rallied late in regulation. Corey Sanders led Rutgers with 39 points - matching the highest single-game effort in the Big Ten this year - along with 12 assists. Jonathan Laurent, who missed the first matchup with an injury, added 23 points and eight rebounds in the loss.

Third-year head coach Eddie Jordan was one of the greatest players in program history, helping Rutgers to a Final Four in 1976. He finished his career as the school’s all-time leader in both assists (585) and steals (220) and was an honorable-mention All-American in 1977. Jordan, who was a former assistant at Rutgers and Boston College, did most of his coaching in the NBA, and coached nine years in the league with stints in Sacramento (1996-98), Washington (2003-09) and Philadelphia (2009-10).

The Scarlet Knights have shown the ability to be competitive, including a one-point loss to Wake Forest, a six-point loss to Monmouth and a seven-point loss to Indiana. Injuries have hampered the Scarlet Knights, as three players are out for the year with injuries, including Deshawn Freeman, who was second on the team in scoring at the time of his injury. Sanders leads RU in both scoring (15.4 ppg) and assists (4.1 apg) while Mike Williams joins him in double figures at 12.3 ppg.

• Fire 1

Huskers are wearing 90-91 season throwback uni's. That was my favorite NU basketball team of all time. They were picked to finish dead last in the Big 8, but had a great season. Rich King, Beau Reid, Tony Farmer, and a freshman by the name of Eric Piatkowski. They were such a fun team to watch. It's too bad they couldn't get past the first round of the NCAA tourney that year. They played a terrible game in that first round. If they had gotten through that, they might have made a decent run as a #3 seed.

This will be an easy win. That triple OT loss Rutgers just had has probably all but killed them...Rutgers can't seem to catch a break this year. They are a mess.

Huskers 86

Rutgers 69

I originally predicted this as a loss, and I still not sure we win, but I give the edge to NU since it is at home!

It's arguable that we are actually playing better on the road.

But, this is certainly a must win and we will get it.

This will be an easy win. That triple OT loss Rutgers just had has probably all but killed them...Rutgers can't seem to catch a break this year. They are a mess.

Huskers 86

Rutgers 69

I originally predicted this as a loss, and I still not sure we win, but I give the edge to NU since it is at home!

It's arguable that we are actually playing better on the road.

But, this is certainly a must win and we will get it.

That is true, I think they are playing better on the road.

I very seriously doubt we come even close to blowing them out like before. I am still thinking we lose.

No way. Rutgers is awful. They are 6-17 with their 6 wins agains Rutgers-Newark, Howard, Central Arkansas, Central Connecticut, Fairleigh-Dickinson and UMass-Lowell. Huskers can't lose this
yet we currently are...