LB Owen Pappoe [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HukserBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Pappoe commit?

• Nebraska
    • Alabama
    • Auburn
    • Tennessee
    • Florida State
    • Georgia
    • Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW, he is extremely interested in visiting Nebraska. Mo Barry wouldn't tell him anything about it, because he wants him to see it for himself. Man, I'm really nervous about this kid, going to be a long 4 years!!!

I'd doubt he ever visits. Not a knock on the kid, but we've heard this before....their interested in visiting right after their offer then nothing happens.

:B)

BTW, he is extremely interested in visiting Nebraska. Mo Barry wouldn't tell him anything about it, because he wants him to see it for himself. Man, I'm really nervous about this kid, going to be a long 4 years!!!

I'd doubt he ever visits. Not a knock on the kid, but we've heard this before....their interested in visiting right after their offer then nothing happens.

:B)
Tip of a cap to the staff if he makes it up. Also to Mo Barry.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/owen-pappoe-football-recruiting-grayson

Most recruiting sites have not ranked Class of 2019 prospects yet, but 247Sports has Pappoe as the No. 1 outside linebacker and the No. 4 player overall. The recruiting process has been accelerated for him. With that, the Class of 2019 outside linebacker announced his top 10 this week, with six schools from the Southeastern Conference making the cut — Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. He also has Ohio State, Clemson, Florida State and Nebraska.

“It was cool watching how everyone reacted to it,” Pappoe told USA TODAY High School Sports about the response since he released the top 10. “Everyone was excited for me.”

Given that he can’t sign a letter of intent until December 2018 under the new early signing period, there is plenty of time for his mind to change between now and then. But he said, a few coaches were already trying to change his mind when they saw that their schools were not in the top 10.

“I told them that my recruitment is closed off completely,” Pappoe said. “Those are just the 10 schools that stand out to me and if they feel like theirs would be better for me then they’re going to have to show me.”

• Fire 1

Worth noting here- went to the same high school as Mohamed Barry and the two are fairly close despite the age difference. Can't link because I'm at work but there's some pics of the two of them together when Barry signed for UNL. Barry is playing a big role in his recruitment here so far. It's really nice to see the amount of kids that seem to be genuinely enjoying their experience in Lincoln so much that they are telling other people "this is a city you want to play in and a coaching staff you want to play for". Very excited to see what comes of this visit this weekend.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Owen Pappoe [Auburn - Signed LOI]