OT Ryan Nelson [Virginia - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From Husker Journal.

MARCH 20 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS RYAN NELSON, OL. 6-6, 255, BUENA PARK, CALIFORNIA

An undersized lineman that has an impressive list of offers; Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado State, Nebraska, Utah, Virginia, Washington State and a few more.

Virginia, Nebraska, California, Washington and Colorado State are his top five in no order. He also likes Arizona and Arizona State.

Went to Trojans’ camp and they want Nelson to gain some bulk before being considered.

“I went to USC junior day.” Said Nelson. "It was actually pretty cool. I talked to O-Line coach Neil Callaway. He showed me all around. We were with Zach Banner one of the O-Lineman who is graduating. It was pretty cool to watch him as a player.

“USC said I was a high recruit for them and they might offer if I get a little bit heavier my senior year.”

What Nebraska had to say.

“I call coach Cav (Mike Cavanaugh) once a week.” Said Nelson. “He seems to like me quite a bit. He talks about education, the facilities, playing time and my family. My future at Nebraska. They are recruiting me as an offensive tackle. He’s trying to get me to come up when I have free time. I’m hoping to find time to get up there.”

Lining up some visits.

“I’m thinking about taking a visit to Virginia on an unofficial later on. I’m going to USC, Arizona, Arizona State, try to visit Cal too. I really like to coaching staff at Virginia. I’m a history major; Virginia has a lot of history also one of the top 3 public schools in the nation.’ Nelson said

BYU staff members left for Virginia and the relationship carried over.

“They were at the staff at BYU when they left. They like how I move. I have a real good frame, I have excellent grades. I know how to do my job as an offensive lineman even though I may weigh less than other offensive linemen. They are bigger, but I can move and handle myself in the game.” Nelson said

Strong player for his size. Tested well with the very best at camps.

“I’m also very strong for my size,” he says. If you look on the film, he’s big but not like fat. People say “wow he looks put together really well.’” At The Opening (Los Angeles) I weighed 247 I believe, how I was stronger that other linemen there. If you saw me you would say ‘this kid is not as strong.’ Nelson said

Really liked Colorado State; area, staff, just everything.

“I went on an unofficial visit there last year and I absolutely loved everything I saw; the community, the school, everything. And I liked how they treat people. The coaches have talked to me over the years, so that was cool.” Nelson said.

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...