Huskers to Play Kansas

Mavric

Nebraska is working to renew a Big Eight Conference rivalry and its oldest series in men’s basketball.

The Journal Star has confirmed that Nebraska and Kansas have agreed to play a home-and-home series beginning next season, although no contract has yet been signed.
Kansas would become the first team from the former Big Eight or current Big 12 to visit Pinnacle Bank Arena in the 2017-18 season.
First, under terms of the contract, Nebraska would play Kansas at historic Allen Fieldhouse next season.
Dates aren’t yet known.
Nebraska and Kansas have met 242 times, beginning in 1900, with KU leading the all-time series 170-71, including a 31-3 advantage during the Big 12 era. The Jayhawks have won 17 straight against the Huskers.
The last time the teams met, No. 2 Kansas defeated the Doc Sadler-led Huskers 86-66 on Feb. 5, 2011, in Lincoln at the Devaney Sports Center, a game that drew the building’s first sellout in three years. That was Nebraska’s final season in the Big 12 before joining the Big Ten the following season.

LJS

I've never been to Allen Fieldhouse, but if this is on a weekend next November/December, it could be worth making the trip to go see the Huskers vs. Jayhawks.

It honestly is an experience like none other, I have only been twice, both times I got tickets from a buddy who is a season ticket holder and they were playing gimme games, but still its electric and the experience right before tip off is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...