Huskers in NFL Draft 2016

Atbone95

I looked at three mock drafts just now (SI; cbssports; nfl.com), and none have Maliek listed. What gives?

Walter Camp lists him as the #12 DT in the draft. I'm surprised to see him projected that low.

I think Collins will do well in the interviews and the workouts, and will creep up the board. D-line is a deep position in this draft, but the Broncos showed what a strong D-line can do to offenses, so I expect a lot of teams to focus on D-line in the draft.

I looked at three mock drafts just now (SI; cbssports; nfl.com), and none have Maliek listed. What gives?

Walter Camp lists him as the #12 DT in the draft. I'm surprised to see him projected that low.

I think Collins will do well in the interviews and the workouts, and will creep up the board. D-line is a deep position in this draft, but the Broncos showed what a strong D-line can do to offenses, so I expect a lot of teams to focus on D-line in the draft.

Given the depth of D-line this year, I'm going to predict right now that Valentine will regret leaving UNL early. I know, I know. His family needs $$ right now. But leaving school early without a degree, and little chance of making an NFL roster, just isn't the way to go. Sure wish he would have stuck around another year.

Given the depth of D-line this year, I'm going to predict right now that Valentine will regret leaving UNL early. I know, I know. His family needs $$ right now. But leaving school early without a degree, and little chance of making an NFL roster, just isn't the way to go. Sure wish he would have stuck around another year.

Valentine got his degree in December. That's the main reason he left.

Sure enough. Okay, that makes more sense now. But I still wish he would have stayed. For my own selfish football reasons. :lol:

• Fire 1

Having his degree or Hughes as a coach the main reason?

Collins is a RD 3-4 from what i have seen so far but could see him being a late 2nd rounder.

VV is a 5-7th rounder.

Alex Lewis might be a 7th rounder/ Undrafted free agent.

I am very very surprised at this.

I thought he was told he would be top 1-2 rounder and that's why he declared for the draft.

Collins was given a grade of 2nd-3rd round when he asked before he declared. I think they are given 1 of 3 grades. The 3 grades are: 1st rounder, 2nd-3rd rounder, later than 3rd round. VV got later than 3rd round.