WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't say we wouldn't get him. Just that I doubt that shoes will be much of a factor.

Actually, I just saw some national stuff saying we were trending for him. First time I'd seen that from national coverage like that.

Oh I doubt brand apparrel has anything to do with it. Just weird he would say it like that unless he was considering an Adidas school.

I wonder if the Tyjon-tOSU comittment has helped him lean our way?

I didn't say we wouldn't get him. Just that I doubt that shoes will be much of a factor.

Actually, I just saw some national stuff saying we were trending for him. First time I'd seen that from national coverage like that.

Oh I doubt brand apparrel has anything to do with it. Just weird he would say it like that unless he was considering an Adidas school.

I wonder if the Tyjon-tOSU comittment has helped him lean our way?

Very doubtful, why would it?

Wait.....

I thought we needed to drop Adidas ASAP because all the big recruits were demanding they wear Nike when they get to college and all of them hated Adidas.

Well I don't know where you go that overblown hyperbolic idea, but recruits in general do favor Nike quite a bit more.

Wait.....

I thought we needed to drop Adidas ASAP because all the big recruits were demanding they wear Nike when they get to college and all of them hated Adidas.

Well I don't know where you go that overblown hyperbolic idea, but recruits in general do favor Nike quite a bit more.

Not as of recent. There has been a huge shift especially on the west coast and in some areas of the Midwest. The whole #3stripelife thing is spreading like wild fire.
  • Fire 1

Wait.....

Not as of recent. There has been a huge shift especially on the west coast and in some areas of the Midwest. The whole #3stripelife thing is spreading like wild fire.

Can you provide actual evidence of this other than anecdotal hype?

There's actually an article today - OWH I think - noting that several Husker players still prefer to have Nike stuff even though they get tons of free Adidas stuff.

No idea what the percentage is. More anecdotal. But with as much market share as Nike has I have a hard time believing most don't prefer the Swoosh.

Wait.....

Ummm....read many of the tweets in this thread for an idea.

LINK

Wait.....

Ummm....read many of the tweets in this thread for an idea.

LINK

I didn't get all the way through the thread but I'm assuming they're mostly from the Calabasas crew? Not sure that's exactly a representative sample.

Adidas has really been pushing their gear in Cali a lot the last few years, sometimes at a loss, to try and regain some of the market share they have lost over the last few decades. I dont say the west coast because Nike owns Oregon (HQ) and has a large influence in Washington State.

Wait.....

I'm not arguing about overall market share, because there is no doubt Nike is leading that category. I was just simply stating that adidas has begun to narrow the gap again, especially with football recruits.

Wait.....

I'm not arguing about overall market share, because there is no doubt Nike is leading that category. I was just simply stating that adidas has begun to narrow the gap again, especially with football recruits.

"Huge shift" and "spreading like wild fire" are not exactly the same thing as "narrow"ing the gap on market share.

But there is another thread to talk about brands. Let's stick to Lewis here.

• Fire 1