Peyton??

zoogs

That sure doesn't sound good for Peyton and the Manning family. But, I would have to see and hear the other side of the story before believing this version 100%. Something just doesn't feel right about this. It appears to be such a slam dunk deal yet it has been kept under wraps forever. Makes me wonder how and why this hasn't surfaced before now. I'm a bit skeptical.

Important to note that the document being referenced is not objective, nor is it supposed to be. It's all from the lawyers on the side of the woman. So no refutations, no testimonies that don't help them, anything like that.

Exactly. Virtually any case or accusation like this would seem the same way without being presented with the opposing side's version. Like I said, it wouldn't appear to be favoring Manning at this juncture but I just have trouble believing that someone who has appeared to be such a class act for such a long time could've been involved with or done such things. I'm sure we'll be seeing more on this.

That sure doesn't sound good for Peyton and the Manning family. But, I would have to see and hear the other side of the story before believing this version 100%. Some ting just doesn't feel right about this. It appears to be such a slam dunk deal yet it has been kept under wraps forever. Makes me wonder how and why this hasn't surfaced before now. I'm a bit skeptical.

When you have money and power on your side it's possible....unfortunately.

Important to note that the document being referenced is not objective, nor is it supposed to be. It's all from the lawyers on the side of the woman. So no refutations, no testimonies that don't help them, anything like that.

Exactly. Virtually any case or accusation like this would seem the same way without being presented with the opposing side's version. Like I said, it wouldn't appear to be favoring Manning at this juncture but I just have trouble believing that someone who has appeared to be such a class act for such a long time could've been involved with or done such things. I'm sure we'll be seeing more on this.

I think it's been pretty well accepted that Peyton did something pretty sh**ty as a student and it got swept under the rug. Remember this story has been around for 20 years. But all of the stuff about defaming the trainer, getting her fired and essentially expelled from college athletics with a smear campaign seems like a really ugly look though.

A couple of things:

This whole "what the actual ...." needs to end.

Of equal importance, it is already interesting and will be even more interesting to see the responses to the Peyton Manning allegations in comparison to the Jamais Winston allegations. I don't have a dog in either fight, but based on what is visible on the surface, Peyton's story seems much more damning, but posters who immediately threw Jamais under the bus aren't so sure about Peyton. Hopefully issues of race don't cloud any judgments (although it appears as though Peyton and Archie have already crossed that line).

• Fire 1

Which posters immediately threw JW under the bus? So far in this thread on HB, I have pretty much been the only one offering the benefit of the doubt to Peyton and I don't recall ever making any comments once on on the JW thing. So, I'm curious who you are speaking of while alluding to race being a possible issue.

Which posters immediately threw JW under the bus? So far in this thread on HB, I have pretty much been the only one offering the benefit of the doubt to Peyton and I don't recall ever making any comments once on on the JW thing. So, I'm curious who you are speaking of while alluding to race being a possible issue.

Good.

Review the Jamais alleged sexual assault thread as well as threats made against him, the Tallahassee PD, FSU administration, etc. for more context.

There is a retort to the article on Fox Sports and I really don't want to link it because regardless of anything they got right I don't want to give them more clicks. But if you look on Fox Sports and search for Peyton you'll find it. Here's the highlight:

So twenty years ago Peyton Manning -- as part of a locker room prank -- pulled off a mooning and teabagging combo on a trainer. It was juvenile and dumb and the trainer eventually included the allegation as part of a sexual harassment suit she filed against Tennessee. But it speaks to Peyton Manning's image that this is the absolute worst thing anyone can find that he has done in nearly twenty years in the public eye, a locker room prank gone awry.

I'm not going to claim sexism here. Maybe this author also thinks it would be a prank if a woman he has no interest in and has not given consent to forces her vagina onto his face and rubs it all over him. I'm sure he'd just get a chuckle out of that.

But the police should definitely be shadowing him to find out how many men/women he rapes per night.

If what the accuser said is true, Peyton shoved his balls and anus in her face and rested his penis on the top of her head. What a goofy college prank! LOL that Peyton is such a goofball.

I mean... what the hell is wrong with this writer!? In the claimed incident the woman was on her knees in a completely helpless position trying to do her job. If a woman consents to having dudes' balls in her face then the more balls the merrier but that's not the case here.

And lastly, the sexual assault isn't the only thing he is accused of doing. Let's just pretend what he's accused of doing is a prank and he was just an immature little boy who made a mistake. He's also accused of ruining her career several years later. $300,000 is far less than she would have made had she not been fired.

There is a retort to the article on Fox Sports and I really don't want to link it because regardless of anything they got right I don't want to give them more clicks. But if you look on Fox Sports and search for Peyton you'll find it. Here's the highlight:

So twenty years ago Peyton Manning -- as part of a locker room prank -- pulled off a mooning and teabagging combo on a trainer. It was juvenile and dumb and the trainer eventually included the allegation as part of a sexual harassment suit she filed against Tennessee. But it speaks to Peyton Manning's image that this is the absolute worst thing anyone can find that he has done in nearly twenty years in the public eye, a locker room prank gone awry.

I'm not going to claim sexism here. Maybe this author also thinks it would be a prank if a woman he has no interest in and has not given consent to forces her vagina onto his face and rubs it all over him. I'm sure he'd just get a chuckle out of that.

But the police should definitely be shadowing him to find out how many men/women he rapes per night.

If what the accuser said is true, Peyton shoved his balls and anus in her face and rested his penis on the top of her head. What a goofy college prank! LOL that Peyton is such a goofball.

I mean... what the hell is wrong with this writer!? In the claimed incident the woman was on her knees in a completely helpless position trying to do her job. If a woman consents to having dudes' balls in her face then the more balls the merrier but that's not the case here.

And lastly, the sexual assault isn't the only thing he is accused of doing. Let's just pretend what he's accused of doing is a prank and he was just an immature little boy who made a mistake. He's also accused of ruining her career several years later. $300,000 is far less than she would have made had she not been fired.

Agreed. Had he owned up to the prank while in college it would have been over and done after whatever punishment he might have gotten....if any. If the accusations of ruining her career are true, the $300,000 settlement was peanuts. I don't know what limitations the settlement put on further reparations she might get in another suit.

I find it hilarious that this is being brought up decades after it happened and was settled out of court.

Peyton denied the allegations back then and denies it to this day. Lets wait to hear from the accuser and his lawyers instead of just siding to a ONE sided report