Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Spoilers for Episode 7)

• 10 months later...

On a selfish note: I kind of have a feeling Luke and Leia were going to reunite in IX, and so now we won't see that. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like it'd happen early in IX but I suppose late in VIII is possible too.

As far as the rest of her IX scenes, VII had a "passing the torch" feel to it so I never felt she would have a major role in VIII or IX. They just need to figure out a sensitive way to explain her absence.

On a selfish note: I kind of have a feeling Luke and Leia were going to reunite in IX, and so now we won't see that. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like it'd happen early in IX but I suppose late in VIII is possible too.

As far as the rest of her IX scenes, VII had a "passing the torch" feel to it so I never felt she would have a major role in VIII or IX. They just need to figure out a sensitive way to explain her absence.

Honestly, they don't even need to do that. A young Carrie Fisher showed up in Rogue One - an old one can just as easily show up in IX. Technology is quite insane.

We also don't know if Leia Organa dies in episode 8, either. I sincerely doubt it, but it could be possible.

A lot of episode 9 obviously depends on what her role is in 8. Perhaps they were going to shy away from her already, but I doubt it given she is one of the central characters in the universe. It's very possible they could end up altering her screen time and role in 8 because of her passing.

One thing I don't want to see, and I don't think they'll do it, is recast.

We also don't know if Leia Organa dies in episode 8, either. I sincerely doubt it, but it could be possible.

A lot of episode 9 obviously depends on what her role is in 8. Perhaps they were going to shy away from her already, but I doubt it given she is one of the central characters in the universe. It's very possible they could end up altering her screen time and role in 8 because of her passing.

I don't think they'll recast either. One problem is if she and Luke haven't reunited they need to deal with Luke's mourning her, if they do go with her character dying. And if her character's death wasn't planned (I doubt it was - Han was enough) then it makes whoever killed her even more hated. So if they have it be caused directly by Kylo it makes him a lot less redeemable. Not that he's super redeemable after killing Han.

I don't think they'll recast either. One problem is if she and Luke haven't reunited they need to deal with Luke's mourning her, if they do go with her character dying. And if her character's death wasn't planned (I doubt it was - Han was enough) then it makes whoever killed her even more hated. So if they have it be caused directly by Kylo it makes him a lot less redeemable. Not that he's super redeemable after killing Han.

I read in an article on Yahoo that she was supposed to be in IX too. They brought up the chance that they may use a hologram like they did for Gov Tarkin in VII. She was done filming all of her scenes for VIII, it is now a matter if they try the hologram route or kill her off "between" movies to explain as to why she isn't in it. Or maybe she goes into hiding...they could handle it in many ways.

I read in an article on Yahoo that she was supposed to be in IX too. They brought up the chance that they may use a hologram like they did for Gov Tarkin in VII. She was done filming all of her scenes for VIII, it is now a matter if they try the hologram route or kill her off "between" movies to explain as to why she isn't in it. Or maybe she goes into hiding...they could handle it in many ways.

Having her in hiding is a good idea. I mean, Luke worried about Vader sensing his presence ('cause he could) so it's not a big stretch to think she'd worry about it from her son.

• 2 weeks later...