Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Spoilers for Episode 7)

Star Wars XII was on TV tonight.

The big halogram evil guy called Luke "The Last Jedi"

Star wars 12????????

And hmmm that kinda answers it for me. If Snoke calls him the last jedi then it doesn't mean he's gonna die.

Must have been tired, VII not XII, hologram not halogram. All I know is that it wasn't alcohol - Doc said to give my liver a break.

• 2 weeks later...

On a selfish note: I kind of have a feeling Luke and Leia were going to reunite in IX, and so now we won't see that. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like it'd happen early in IX but I suppose late in VIII is possible too.

As far as the rest of her IX scenes, VII had a "passing the torch" feel to it so I never felt she would have a major role in VIII or IX. They just need to figure out a sensitive way to explain her absence.

Honestly, they don't even need to do that. A young Carrie Fisher showed up in Rogue One - an old one can just as easily show up in IX. Technology is quite insane.

I thought they CG'D the young Princess Leia in Rogue One but there was another actress (not Carrie) credited with the appearance. This would indicate that they might not shy away from recasting for an older Leia.

On a selfish note: I kind of have a feeling Luke and Leia were going to reunite in IX, and so now we won't see that. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like it'd happen early in IX but I suppose late in VIII is possible too.

As far as the rest of her IX scenes, VII had a "passing the torch" feel to it so I never felt she would have a major role in VIII or IX. They just need to figure out a sensitive way to explain her absence.

Honestly, they don't even need to do that. A young Carrie Fisher showed up in Rogue One - an old one can just as easily show up in IX. Technology is quite insane.

I thought they CG'D the young Princess Leia in Rogue One but there was another actress (not Carrie) credited with the appearance. This would indicate that they might not shy away from recasting for an older Leia.

They only did that trick because Fisher was alive and there for the approval. If episode IX was 20 years in the future, I could possibly see something like this. At this point, there is no way in heck they are going to touch that with a 100 ft pole. I have no clue what they are going to do, but I'm pretty sure the story group has already stated they are not going to recast and they're not going to CG.

The actress credited (Ingvild Deila) was the one that physically stood there for the shoot. Then they CGI'd Leia's face/body on to her.

Same thing with 'The Moff'. Some dude named Guy Henry is credited with playing him, but he was just the physical body that was there in the scenes.

https://www.cnet.com/news/rogue-one-star-wars-story-cgi-young-princess-leia-tarkin/

• Fire 3

The actress credited (Ingvild Deila) was the one that physically stood there for the shoot. Then they CGI'd Leia's face/body on to her.

Same thing with 'The Moff'. Some dude named Guy Henry is credited with playing him, but he was just the physical body that was there in the scenes.

https://www.cnet.com/news/rogue-one-star-wars-story-cgi-young-princess-leia-tarkin/

Well that explains a lot. I couldn't get over how much she looked like her and then to see another credited... Makes sense now.

For those who are interested, it sounds like the first trailer for The Last Jedi has been seen by a small number of people, and one of them spilled the beans. All the information is unconfirmed as the first teaser probably won't be released until April, but the description sounds pretty legit.

(Disclaimer: this isn't the trailer but a description of what was seen.)

• Fire 1

At last, Disney has put the galaxy’s largest “singular or plural?” question to rest. In January, the studio revealed that the title of Star Wars: Episode VIII would be The Last Jedi, sparking a debate (à la The Last Samurai) about whether the word Jedi is meant to be singular or plural in this instance.

On Friday we got our answer, thanks to the official French Star Wars Twitter account, which divulged the French title of the film:

Les Derniers Jedi uses the plural form of “Last,” making it indisputable: The Last Jedi definitely refers to multiple Jedi. Other offical foreign accounts soon also posted titles in their languages, all using plural pronouns, in case there was any remaining doubt.

Slate

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...