- - - - -

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Spoilers for Episode 7)

• You cannot reply to this topic
101 replies to this topic

#101 Cdog923

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

After watching the trailer a few times and looking at the poster I think there's some clues to possibly be gleamed?

I imagine the story will center around, in some respect, Luke training Rey the way Yoda trained him. However, because of being emo but also enlightened Luke, and the last Jedi left, he's come to a conclusion that the Jedi could never bring balance to the force because they shunned all things dark, and so by training Rey he's ushering in a new edgy ultra Jedi order that embraces light and dark, and Kylo Ren will not be super far off from the same spectrum - his motivations are still largely a mystery, but a good theory is that he is manipulating the dark side by embracing it in order to ultimately vanquish Snoke.

The gradient from blue to red in that poster's lightsaber is no accident.

*Nerd Alert*

You're talking about Luke being a Grey Jedi; a Jedi who is Light-focused, but will dabble with Dark tendencies, without allowing the Dark side to overcome them. It's a true balance to the force, rather than having more Jedi than Sith or visa versa. Hell, we've already seen Luke use the Dark Side before. 

Coffee is for closers...

#102 1995 Redux

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,698 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." - Yoda, ROTJ

I still think the title just implies that up until Rey came along to train with Luke, he was the last Jedi. Luke's comment in the trailer makes me think he is looking to create a new sect of force wielders maybe?

5LSYDvM.png
B.C. - HANDLING THE HARD STUFF FOR HUSKERBOARD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users