The 4 finalists for chancellor

Frostberg

I was wanting someone from a school with more athletic success than Iowa, K state, and Oregon st.

Read the board, Trev's name has been thrown around on here a lot in the past year.

That should be far down the list of qualifications for a Chancellor

No one in their right mind has mentioned Trev Alberts for Chancellor. He's been mentioned for A.D. He is in no way qualified for Chancellor. As far as I know he doesn't even have a masters. He has no experience with higher education in the capacity that is necessary for this position.

Anyone who seriously thinks he should even apply is batsh#t crazy.

Wow, there are some funny posts in here.

As far as the Chancellor needing to be from an athletic background, that is just crazy. Chancellors oversee the entire university. If they were looking at Trev Alberts for Chancellor, I would think that would be the dumbest choice in the history of UNL, and I like Trev Alberts. Trev may be a great AD, but he is not nearly qualified to lead an entire university.

Frankly I'd rather see Graham Spanier back at DONU before any of the candidates listed above.

One of my friends thinks Mark S. Wrighton would be a good choice than all of the above--affordable, local (he's in St. Louis), smart, and has been involved with large institutions (FSU) before. I don't know enough to say one way or the other on him though.

I'm attending Washington University in St Louis and I agree that Mark Wrighton would have been a good choice. He has a strong research background (former MIT Chemistry professor) and has generally impressed me with his speeches and how the school is run. However, I'm don't know if he's interested in leaving the school and I believe he makes decent money.

Frankly I'd rather see Graham Spanier back at DONU before any of the candidates listed above.

One of my friends thinks Mark S. Wrighton would be a good choice than all of the above--affordable, local (he's in St. Louis), smart, and has been involved with large institutions (FSU) before. I don't know enough to say one way or the other on him though.

I'm attending Washington University in St Louis and I agree that Mark Wrighton would have been a good choice. He has a strong research background (former MIT Chemistry professor) and has generally impressed me with his speeches and how the school is run. However, I'm don't know if he's interested in leaving the school and I believe he makes decent money.

Thanks. And I figure that DONU would have the resources to pull someone like Mr. Wrighton, especially if his expertise is in research and we're a research grant-driven institution, right?

I was wanting someone from a school with more athletic success than Iowa, K state, and Oregon st.

Read the board, Trev's name has been thrown around on here a lot in the past year.

That should be far down the list of qualifications for a Chancellor

No one in their right mind has mentioned Trev Alberts for Chancellor. He's been mentioned for A.D. He is in no way qualified for Chancellor. As far as I know he doesn't even have a masters. He has no experience with higher education in the capacity that is necessary for this position.

Anyone who seriously thinks he should even apply is batsh#t crazy.

Yeah, I think people are getting him confused. Alberts is not a qualified candidate for the Chancellor position.

Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm but it sure seems some folks are confusing the chancellor job with the DLine coach position.

lol

Within a couple of years more people will know the D-line coach's name than whoever they hire for this job. Way more.