30 For 30 to feature the 1994-1995 Huskers

knapplc

Take the rose colored glasses of for a moment and really look at it. In the last say 5 years, how much negative has ESPN really thrown at Nebraska? I mean I remember there being some but not as much as we want to think I'm sure.

If we get better and make noise amongst the landscape, then the praise will come.

Take the rose colored glasses of for a moment and really look at it. In the last say 5 years, how much negative has ESPN really thrown at Nebraska? I mean I remember there being some but not as much as we want to think I'm sure

If we get better and make noise amongst the landscape, then the praise will come.

Exactly right. You want Gameday in Lincoln again? Play a truly meaningful game late in the season.

What gets put out there and dissected by players and others interviewed is what those individuals choose to share. Unless Werner Herzog is directing this documentary and has an ax to grind against Nebraska, it shouldn't be as negative as some people believe. Then again, those that are afraid of the negatives in the program being discussed would probably find a way to be upset anyway.

So other than Phillips and Christian Peters, what other topics do you suspect they'll cover?

I'm guessing they'll start off with the cornfields and combines that most people associate with Nebraska, touch on the small towns and local yokels, discuss the seven bowl losses before the championship era, and then start mixing the black with the white to expose the gray. Every silver lining has a cloud, that sort of thing.

I would imagine they'll mention how we viewed Miami and Florida State and Oklahoma as some "triumvirate of evil," but we became what we hated most, selling our souls to win a few championships. They may talk about Dr. Tom's devout faith before delving into all this, just to show the yin/yang of the man.

Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peter may be the most public figures, but there's more. The "hidden gun" story will be touched on, as a way to counterpoint the squeaky-clean image of Tom Osborne with the actual incidents he was involved in. That means the felony charges against Tyrone Williams and Riley Washington, certainly. Steroids and drugs, drinking and parties, the girls involved with the players. The University's faculty questioning Osborne's actions will be talked about, maybe they'll have an interview or two.

Brook Berringer will get a few minutes, as will the walk-ons, and of course they'll have game footage montages. We'll get to see Steve Spurrier grimacing again, that funny old scene we all love so much. Tommie's overblown TD run will get air time. But Christian Peter and Lawrence Phillips playing pivotal roles in the biggest win of Husker history will be the big take-away.

• Fire 1