GT: Nebraska at Penn State - 6PM CT - ESPNU

EG42u7n.pngpICUawl.png8KU0BsF.png
February 25, 2016
6pm CT - ESPNU
Bryce Jordan Center - State College, PA

Nebraska Cornhuskers 14-14, 6-9 (Last: 65-62 L vs Ohio State)
vs
Penn State Nittany Lions 14-13, 5-9 (Last: 70-58 W vs Rutgers)

Big Ten Standings
Indiana 12-3, 22-6
Maryland 11-4, 23-5
Iowa 11-4, 20-7
Michigan State 10-5, 23-5
Wisconsin 10-5, 18-10
Michigan 10-6, 20-9
Ohio State 10-6, 18-11
Purdue 9-6, 21-7
Nebraska 6-9, 14-14
Penn State 5-9, 14-13
Northwestern 5-10, 17-11
Illinois 4-10, 12-15
Minnesota 2-13, 8-19
Rutgers 0-15, 6-22

Head Coaches
Nebraska Tim Miles (344-283, 61-63 at Nebraska)
Penn State Pat Chambers (120-117, 69-89 at Penn State)

Injury Report
Nebraska
F - Shavon Shields - Head - Probable
F - Ed Morrow - Foot - Questionable

Penn State
No injuries to report

Scouting Penn State
Penn State comes into Thursday’s game playing some of its best basketball of the season. The Nittany Lions are 14-13 on the season and have won three of their last four games, including victories over nationally-ranked Iowa and Indiana.

Under fifth-year coach Pat Chambers, PSU went 9-4 during non-conference action, including a win over DePaul and a one-point loss to Colorado before struggling early in Big Ten play. PSU was just 2-8 in its first 10 conference games before regrouping down the stretch.

The Nittany Lions feature a pair of solid scorers in senior Brandon Taylor and sophomore Shep Garner. Taylor leads PSU in both scoring (16.6 ppg) and rebounding (6.5 rpg) while Garner averages 13.7 points and 3.1 assists per game. Taylor earned Big Ten co-Player-of-the-Week honors on Monday, averaging 17.5 ppg and 11.5 rpg in two wins last week. The Nittany Lions have gotten a late season boost from Donovon Jack, who averaged 15.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg off the bench in Penn State’s last two games.

PSU featured a 10-player rotation, as all 10 average at least 10 minutes per game. Garner leads PSU with 57 3-pointers while Taylor has 39 on the season.

• Fire 1

After this year. My thought in time miles has changed. He's not that good. 61-63 record. Take away that 9-1 run 2 years ago. He's 52-62. This team is regressing just like last year. He needs to go. Freshman have not shown any improvement this year.

We won't be any better next year. No shooters, no guards that can break down a D. No meat on this team.

After this year. My thought in time miles has changed. He's not that good. 61-63 record. Take away that 9-1 run 2 years ago. He's 52-62. This team is regressing just like last year. He needs to go. Freshman have not shown any improvement this year.

We won't be any better next year. No shooters, no guards that can break down a D. No meat on this team.

I agree the team looks bad at times and the scoring droughts happen too often, but how do you just take away the 9-1 run? Are you also going to take away nine losses too?

I agree the team looks bad at times and the scoring droughts happen too often, but how do you just take away the 9-1 run? Are you also going to take away nine losses too?

No it gives a more accurate view of what this team is, a really bad team. Seems like none of the parts seem to fit. Square hole, round peg deal.

This is honestly up there with the Samford performance for worst of the year. I am no longer watching. I hate to be "that guy" but I'm done with this season. This team just isn't worth caring about or following.

The amount of money, resources, and FAN SUPPORT that this school and fan base puts into this program for absolutely zero in return is just sad. I envy the day that this program reaches even middle-of-the-pack B1G basketball on a consistent basis. IF that day ever comes.

For now, pure embarrassment. Also hate to be "that guy" once more, but I give Tim Miles next year and if it's a 3rd losing season in a row he should be fired. I don't know how anybody could possibly argue against that. Love the guy, but his teams/coaches aren't getting it done.

• Fire 1

Freshman shown no improvement?

How about Michael Jacobsen who started the season hardly seeing the floor and now plays a majority of the minutes and contributes.

Or Glenn Watson Jr. Who has turned into a solid scorer through conference play.

Jack Mcveigh is much of the same, inconsistent but to say overall our freshmen have shown no improvement is false. This game is awful, no arguing about that but our freshmen have shown improvement through the season.