Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2018

Mavric

I'm glad we took Suh over some other in-stater...

A+ job on missing the core concept of what I said.

@Warrior10...So because he wasn't born in Nebraska (although he currently lives in the state) we shouldn't count him as an in-state recruit worth trying to keep?

@Decked...no one, certainly not me, is saying the "...staff is stupid..." And if it is a genuine tie (in terms of talent) between an in-state and out-of-state kid, I would hope the staff would go after the in-state kid first.

So you'd take him over the top ranked DT in the country, because he lives in Nebraska?

If "talent" is equal...YES!

I agree with this, if they're equal. But that's not the argument you laid out in your "cold take."

If Williams was a top 10 DT in our back yard, I'd agree with you. Fact is he's not and we already have one three star NE DT verballed in a small class. Let's go get the best talent we can!

Talent or no talent - who is to say that a kid that grew up here wants to stay here or wants to be here more than a kid from the coast. This is silly - some kids look at this as a chance to "get away" for kids from Nebraska that is to go see the ocean / bigger cities - kids from other places may be trying to get away from the troubles that surround them and their past and want to come here. When NU starts dominating like they did in the 80's and 90's then young Nebraska boys will inspire to only play for the big red - we are not there yet!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...