Where would you go?

Interesting answers.

I have (for some reason) always been drawn to the Mediterranean area. Someplace like Greece, Italy, France or Spain. I've never been there but it always has been an area of the world that has interested me. I have a HS friend that lives in Italy and they love it.

I also have liked the thought of Switzerland. I love the mountains and the chance to spend my life skiing in the Alps would be awesome.

Untitled-121-980x653.jpg

Just find some village up in the mountains and get lost.

As much as I liked Austria and Sweden, and got around fine as a tourist just speaking English, I think actually living there full time would be more difficult. I could learn the language, but I'm not sure I'm up to that. I took Spanish in HS and college, but couldn't make out anything in Spain. So, English countries are probably it for me.

Canada would be a pretty easy choice, both culturally and distance-wise. New Zealand does appeal to me, a lot, but I've never been. I'd definitely consider Scotland, then Ireland and Australia, and finally the rest of the UK.

To move to most of these places and stay legally for longer than a visit, you either need a green card type visa (not sure they call them that everywhere) or enough money in local country investments.

• 3 weeks later...