CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Top Performer

Bookie Radley-Hiles

Analysis: Radley-Hiles makes plays no matter where he was lined up in the secondary, as a traditional cornerback, in the slot or deep as a safety. He often got his hands on the football despite being the smallest prospect on the field more times than not, using great anticipation and breaks on the ball to get the job done. Radley-Hiles shows good technique on the edge along with great feel when able to roam.

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy defensive back Bookie Radley-Hiles was a turnover machine all weekend long, beginning with his stunning interception during one-on-one competition (video above) and all the way through the 7-on-7 tournament. Scout caught several of his interceptions on camera and in typical fashion for the Nebraska Cornhusker verbal commitment, he not only flipped the field, but looked to score soon after making a play on the football. Radley-Hiles is consistent in his leverage discipline, fluid in transitions and can play well larger than his listed size in space or at the point of contact.

Still can't believe he is only 5'8" tall. He plays much taller.

However, not sure I'd be happy with him covering a 6'6" BYU receiver. Sure, I know he covered a 6'6" tight end in 1 on 1 at the opening...but that's a tight end, not a wideout. Pretty floored that no one is talking about his height.

Weak argument. Sure, I think Kawhi Leonard can guard a bigger Lebron James, but I don't know if I want him guarding Yao F'ing Ming. Come on
  • Fire 2

However, not sure I'd be happy with him covering a 6'6" BYU receiver. Sure, I know he covered a 6'6" tight end in 1 on 1 at the opening...but that's a tight end, not a wideout. Pretty floored that no one is talking about his height.

Weak argument. Sure, I think Kawhi Leonard can guard a bigger Lebron James, but I don't know if I want him guarding Yao F'ing Ming. Come on

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Being serious. Does Bookie's size get a pass just because of his peer recruiting and awesome attitude?

I would say his size gets a pass because over and over at camps he's shown that he can handle his own on the outside against bigger players.

• Fire 3

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Being serious. Does Bookie's size get a pass just because of his peer recruiting and awesome attitude?

No bookies size gets a pass because he can play ball with the best of them. Plenty of other short corners are doing/have done just fine in the league. Size helps but it's not everything. He has elite talent and a competitive edge. That will make up for size more times than not

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Go to page 11, Post 501 and watch his tape. Worst (best) case scenario, he plays safety.

We've had string beans like Josh Mitchell or Chris Jones do fine. Bookie is also physical & twice the athlete that anyone in our secondary is minus LJ. Our secondary got f'ing torched by OSU. Dude starts day one no question. Just watch the film.

Bookie has a year to grow and will probably be 5'10 by the start of fall 2018. The Honey Badger was only 5'9 and look what he did. Height is not everything in football, this guy has the guts and will to win every down he plays. His hard work, heart and dedication will allow him to succeed, not how tall he is. Bookie will be fine, he is very talented and is instinctual which is what you need to be a great secondary player.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic